Meeting Soda And Steve

Jasmine's POV

I decided to enter the gas station. I still can't believe am in Tulsa right now. And that am in the book. I hope I don't give too much information about the future away. I know somethings that the 60's had but not everything. I might have to look things up. Luckily my phone's at 100%. I also have my phone charger with me just in case. I head inside. When I look at the counter,I see someone I think I recognize. Then someone comes out from the back. I think I recognize both of them. The one that was at the counter smiled at me. "Can I help you?" he asked. I find myself walking towards the counter. Why do they feel so familiar. Am sure I'll figure that out soon. "Need something?" the other guy asked. "Oh um,I guess am going to go get something" I said. "Your funny,what's your name?" the first one asked. "Am Jasmine Jewels" I said. "Hi am Steve Randle" said Steve. "Hey Jasmine,am Sodapop Curtis. You can just call me Soda" said Soda. "Ok,cool" I said. "Wait,hold on,Steve Randle and Sodapop Curtis,aren't they from The Outsiders? I believe they are. I wonder if am going to meet the rest of the gang" I thought. "Aren't you going to buy something?" Soda asked. "Oh right" I said. Steve and Soda both laughed. I just got a candy bar. I paid and was about to leave but then Soda asked "Hey Jasmine,would you like to meet the rest of our gang?" Soda asked. "Sure,that sounds fun" I said. "Cool" said Soda. "Am sure they would love to meet you Jasmine" said Steve. "I hope they like me" I said. "Am sure they will" said Steve. "Yeah maybe everyone but Dallas Winston" I thought. Am just going to pretend that I don't know anyone. "Our shift is going to be over soon so if you want to come with us you can" said Steve. "Ok cool,am just going to wait outside" I said. "Are you sure? I don't mind if your in here" said Soda. "Yeah,we would never mind" said Steve. "Yeah am sure" I said. "Ok,your choice" said Soda. After that I walked out. I saw them smiling at me. "I can't believe I just meet Soda and Steve! That's way cool!" I thought.

Katie's POV

I feel like things have been going slow. I mean it's about 10am. I've looked at the clock for awhile but it still hasn't changed. I feel like am frozen in time. Maybe I am I just don't know it. I don't think this day will ever end. It at least feels that way. Maybe am just going crazy. Or maybe am not. Maybe am just dreaming and that's why the clock still reads 10am. Whatever is going on I hope it ends soon.

Soda's POV

I think I just made a new friend today. Jasmine seems really nice. I can't wait for her to meet the gang. I wonder what everyone will think about her. Am the most worried about Dallas not liking her. Am sure everything well work out fine. She was making me laugh today. I think she looked at little confused. I mean,she said she was going to buy something,then we introduced each other,then she looked like she had a blink expression,then she went to go buy something. All of that just made me laugh. Who knows,maybe she was like that cause she was new. Or she was not used to people talking to her. I hope she ends up liking the gang.

Steve's POV

I made a new friend. I think she's nice. Jasmine really knows how to make people laugh. I can't wait for her to meet the gang. I hope everyone ends up liking her. Am worried that Dally won't like her. I hope he well though. Who knows,maybe she'll meet new friends. I hope she'll end up liking them too. Am glad I met her.

Jasmine's POV

I just got a text from my 'parents' in this world saying that they'll be gone for about a month. I think I'll just call them my parents now. They said they left me a lot of money and I could do whatever I wanted with it. Am going to miss them even though I just meant them today. Am pretty sure I've been with them longer but I just came into this world today. Am just waiting for Soda and Steve to get out. When I saw them get out,we went to Soda's car and drove away. Soda said it was his car so I just believed him. Soda's my favorite character from The Outsiders. Am so happy he was one of the first members I've met. Am not a Soc but am middle class and the closet to a Soc. I just can't wait to meet everyone.