Dairy Queen Part 2

Jasmine's POV

My parents,did they ask about me?" Johnny asked. "No,they didn't" Dallas snapped. "Shoot,my old man don't give a hang whether I'm in jail or dead in a car wreck or drunk in the gutter. That don't bother me none" said Dallas. Johnny didn't say anything. But he stared at the dashboard with such hurt bewilderment that I could have bawled. Dally cussed under his breath and nearly tore out the transmission of the T-bird as we roared out of the Dairy Queen. I felt sorry for Dally. He meant it meant when he said he didn't care about his parents. But he and the rest of the gang knew Johnny cared and did everything they could to make it up to him. I don't know what what it was about Johnny_maybe that lost-puppy look and those big scared eyes were what made everyone his big brother. But they couldn't,no matter how hard they tried,take the place of his parents. No wonder Johnny was hurt because his parents didn't want him. Dally could take it_Dally was of the breed that could take anything,because he was hard and tough,and when he wasn't,he could play it cool,but he was sensitive and that isn't a good way to be when you're a greaser. I remember a lot from the book. I remember Ponyboy thinking the same words I just thought about. I mean,about the gang and replacing Johnny's parents. And Dal was always tough in the book except for the ending. I feel like something bad is going to happen pretty soon. "Blast it,Johnny,why didn't you think of turning yourself in five days ago? It would have saved a lot of trouble" Dallas growled. "Because he was scared" I thought about saying. I didn't think Dallas would ever yell at Johnny. But guess I was wrong. "I was scared. I still am. I guess we ruined are hair for nothing, Ponyboy" said Johnny. "I guess so" said Pony. Dally was scowling. Johnny just sat there and stared at his feet. He hated for anyone of them to be mad at him. He looked awful sad. Dallas glanced at him out of the corner of his eye. "Johnny,I ain't mad at you. I just don't want you to get hurt. You don't know what a few months in jail can do to you. Oh blast it_he pushes his brown hair back out of his eyes_"you get hardened in jail. I don't want that to happen to you like it happened to me...." Dallas said. I remembered that Dally got himself in jail at the age of ten. I imagined him living on the streets after he got out. That must have all been hard on him. "Would you rather have me living in hide-outs for the rest of my life,always on the run?" Johnny asked seriously. If Dally had said yes,Johnny would have gone back to the church without hesitation. He figured Dally knew more about then he did,and Dally's word was law. But he never heard Dally's answer,for we had reached the top of Jay Mountain and Dally suddenly slammed on the brakes. Then I looked out and noticed why he did that. I saw flames and smoke in the distance.

Hey guys. I hope you liked this chapter. That would be the rest of that chapter. Am sure you could guess what the next chapter is going to be about. Anyways,have a good day. Stay Gold