The Park

Pony's POV

The Park was about two blocks square,with a foundation in the middle and a small swimming pool for the little kids. The pool was empty now in the fall,but the foundation was merrily. Tall elm tress made the park shadowy and dark,and it would have been a go to hangout,but we preferred our vacant lot,and the Shepard outfit liked the ally's down by the tracks,so the park was left to lovers and little kids. Nobody was around at two-thirty in the morning,and it was a good place to relax and cool off. I couldn't have gotten much cooler without turning into a popsicle. "Ain't you about you freeze to death,Pony?" Johnny asked. "You ain't a woofin" I said. I started rubbing my bare arms between drags on my cigarette. I started to say something about the film of ice developing on the outer edges of the foundation when a sudden blast from a car horn made all of us jump. The blue Mustang was circling the park slowly. Johnny swore under his breath. "What do they want? This is our territory. What are Socs doing far east?" I asked. Johnny shook his head. "I don't know. But I bet they're looking for us. We picked up their girls" said Johnny. "Oh glory,this is all I need to top off a perfect night. Want to run for it?" I asked. "It's too late now,here they come" said Johnny. Five Socs we're coming straight at us,and from the way they were staggering I figured they were reeling pickled. That scared me. A cool deadly bluff could sometimes shake it off,but not if they outnumbered you five to three and were drunk. Johnny's hand went right to his back pocket and I remembered his switchblade. Johnny was as white as a ghost and his eyes were wild-looking,like the eyes of an animal in a trap. We backed against the foundation and the Socs surrounded us. They smelled so heavy of whisky and English Leather that I almost choked. Johnny had a blank,tough look on his face_you'd have had to know him to see the panic in his eyes. I stared at the Socs coolly. Maybe they could scare us to death,but we'd never let them have the satisfaction of knowing it. It was Randy and Bob and three other Socs,and they recognized us. I knew Johnny recognized them; he was watching the moonlight glint off Bob's rings with huge eyes. When I looked over at Jasmine she had the same fear that Johnny had in his eyes. I wonder how she's  putting up with this. "Hey,what's ya know? Here's the little greasers that picked up our girls. Hey greasers. Oh and one middle class girl. Hey to you too" said Bob. "You're out of your territory. You better watch it" Johnny warned in a low voice. Randy swore at us and they steeped closer. Bob was eyeing Johnny. "Nope,pal,your the ones who'd better watch it. Next time you want a broad,pick up your own kind dirt" said Randy. I was getting mad. I was hating them enough to lose my head. Bob then turned his attention to Jasmine. "Hey Jasmine,you shouldn't be hanging round with greasers like these or any greaser and hang out with us" said Bob. "I'd rather not. You don't have they right to talk to my friend's this way. Or any Socs" said Jasmine. Bob glared at her. "Fine,have it your way,maybe I'll kidnap you one day then" said Bob. He then turned his attention to me and Johnny. That was very kind of her to stand up to us like that. "You know what a greaser is? White trash with long greasy hair" said Bob. Jasmine was trying to tell me not to say anything about it back but I ignored her. I've been cussed out and sworn at,but nothing ever hit me like that did. Johnny made a kind of gasp and his eyes were smoldering. "You know what a Socs is? White trash with Mustangs and madras" I said. I couldn't think of anything bad enough to call them,so I spit at them. Bob shook is head,smiling slowly. "You could use a bath greaser. And a good working over. And we've got all night. Give the kid a bath,David" said Bob. I ducked and tried to run for it,but the Soc caught my arm and twisted it behind my back,and shoved my face into the foundation. I fought,but the hand at the back of my neck was strong and I had to hold my breath. I'm dying,I thought,and wondered what was happening to Johnny and Jasmine. I couldn't hold my breath any longer. I fought again desperately but only sucked in water. I'm drowning,I thought,they've gone too far....A red haze filled my mind and I slowly relaxed. The next thing I knew,I was lying on the pavement beside the foundation,coughing water and gasping. I lay there weakly,breathing in air and spitting out water. My teeth chattered unceasingly and I couldn't stop them. I finally pushed myself up and leaned back against the foundation,the water running down my face. "I killed him. I killed that boy" said Johnny. Bob,the handsome Soc was lying there in the moonlight,doubled up and still. A dark pool was growing from him, spreading slowly over to the blue-white cement. Johnny was clutching his switchblade,and it was dark to the hilt. My stomach gave me a violent jump and my blood turned icy.

Jasmine's POV

I can't believe what's happening right now. I tried to stop Pony from saying what he said to Bob basically sense Bob said what he said about greasers. Then the Socs started going after us. That all happened so fast. I didn't know what to do. The next thing I knew,some Soc was taking Pony to the foundation. Bob pushed Johnny to the ground and told him to stay there. Bob turned to me and motioned two Socs to hold me back. After they grabbed me,Bob gave me a half smile then ran to Pony and started drowning him more. I knew he shouldn't have said that. I saw Johnny get out his switchblade and started running to Bob. I was going to try to say something to Johnny but nothing came out. I was so scared that I was speechless at the moment. Then he stabbed Bob. Just like what happened in the book. The two Socs let go of me and headed to the car and got in along with the other two Socs and drove away. I landed on the ground hard. Other than that,am okay. Am more worried about Pony then anybody. I hope everything's going to be okay. At least Pony and Johnny are alive. And the Socs had a blade so they might have beat him up if he didn't stab Bob. Pony might not have been alive either. Besides,it was for self defense.

Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter was a little to long. I just didn't want to make a part 2. I know I said that there might be part 2s because of how long each chapter is and how much new information and putting in but I just didn't feel like making a part 2 for these last two ones at least. I actually wasn't expecting this chapter to be that long. I would have made a part 2 if I knew how long it was going to be. I hope you liked this chapter. Stay Gold