School then Court

Jasmine's POV

I can't believe that the Court thing is today. Right after Pony gets out of school. Me,Johnny,and Pony all have to be there. Also Darry and Soda. I am just happy that Johnny and Dallas are still alive. And surprisingly I wish Bob was still alive. I hate him but I have a reason for it. If Johnny didn't kill Bob then we wouldn't have went to Windrixville and the church wouldn't have caught fire. Johnny wouldn't even be charged for murder. I know darn well Johnny did it for self-defense. He also saved Pony from drowning. It would have been better if Bob and his gang wasn't at the park. I am actually quite nervous for today. I don't even know what they are going to say to me. I do have fake parents here. But are they really going to come? I just have a lot on my mind. I wonder how Pony and Johnny or going though with this.

Pony's POV

Court is today. Court is today. I hope I don't get separated from my brothers. I don't want to get sent to a boy's home. Actually if I do then Soda is also going to. Darry has been a good guardian.  He is just protective over me. Even though he gives me a hard time. I sighed. Today is the day. Winter break is also coming up. It really starts Monday. But technically it starts after school Friday. I can't believe Court is right after school. The last bell rang. Darry didn't go to work today because of court. Soda didn't either. I saw Darry's truck and got in. We were just waiting for Johnny. Soda is driving Jasmine over there. Johnny got in a few minutes later. It was silent the whole way there.

Johnny's POV

Court today. I am really nervous. Am getting charged for murder. I only did it for self-defense. They were trying to drown Pony. What else was I supposed to do? I feel like this whole thing is my fault. If I hadn't killed that Soc then there would be no court in the first place. I sighed as we were just nearing the court house. Darry parked and we headed inside to take our seats. Me,Pony,and Jasmine had to sit up front. I took a deep breath and waited to start talking.

Pony's POV

I took a deep breath and looked around. The hearing wasn't anything like I thought it would be. Besides Darry,Johnny,Jasmine,and Soda and me, nobody was there except Randy and his parents and Cherry Valence and her parents and a couple of the other guys that had jumped Johnny and Jasmine and me that night. I don't know what I expected the whole thing to be like_I guess I've been watching too many Perry Mason shows. First Randy was questioned. He looked a little nervous,and I wished they'd let him have a cigarette. I wished they'd let me have a cigarette;I was more than a little shaky myself. Randy told them that they were drunk and it was really there fault it happened. Cherry told them what happened before and after Johnny and I and Jasmine had been jumped_I think I saw a couple of tears slide down her cheeks,but I'm not sure. Her voice was sure steady even if she was crying. Cherry also said that it was self-defense. Randy pretty much said the same thing about self-defense. I mean it really was about self-defense. They questioned Johnny next. Johnny was able to tell his side of the story. Johnny mentioned how the three of us were alone by the fountain when a blue Mustang came though the park near the fountain. He also mentioned how they were drunk and probably after us because we were talking to there girls. He made sure to mention that they were drowning me and he killed him to save me from dieing. Johnny mentioned that he didn't know what else to do. That it was the first thing to come to mind. I am actually surprised he said that. Then I was questioned. They asked me if I liked living with Darry. I said yes. I was then asked to tell them my side of the story. I told them from when I was asleep at the lot to the park to Windrixville. I made sure not to mention why I ran away in the first place and to mention Dally telling to go to Windrixville. Jasmine was the questioned. She basically said fro what happened after the drive-in to Windrixville. She also didn't mention why I ran away or mention that Dally helped us get to Windrixville. By the look on her face I could tell that she didn't say something but she did say the most important stuff at least. I think saving those kids helped us a little. Me and Soda didn't get separated at all so that was good. Johnny didn't have to go to jail. I think because of self-defense and saving those kids really helped him. I am glad he didn't go. Jasmine got to stay with us. Am sure Soda was happy about that. Her parents were there too. Guess I forgot to mention that. Jasmine introduced Soda to them and mentioned that they were together and they just smiled. Then me and Darry were introduced. Today was a crazy today. At least with school and court. I was just really happy that we didn't get separated. Jasmine,Soda,Johnny,Darry,and I all went back to our house. I can't believe this much stuff happened in one day.

Johnny's POV

At least I wasn't going to jail. I was happy about that. Pony and Soda didn't get separated from Darry which that was good. Cause if it did happen I wouldn't get to see them and I don't know what I would have done without anyone in the gang especially Pony. Pony is my best friend. Also if they did get separated then Jasmine and Soda wouldn't get to stay together. Jasmine is also a good friend of mine and I would hate to see her sad. I hope tomorrow we'll be better.

Jasmine's POV

Pony and Soda get to stay with Darry. Johnny wasn't charged anymore. I hope they believed out stories okay. Johnny was really trying to help Pony when he killed the Soc. I feel like it was my fault that he killed him though. I should have told them not to go to the park. At least everything went well. I really can't wait to start school in Tulsa.

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if it the chapter was a little too long. Guys am almost done using The Outsiders book. After am done using the book I well still write chapters I well just not be using it. Anyways, have a good day. Stay Gold