Hospital Part 2

Pony's POV

I leaped up and ran for the door,but it was already open and Soda had me in a bear hug and was swinging me around. I was glad to see him I could have bawled. Finally he set me down and looked down at me. He pushed my hair back. "Oh Ponyboy,your hair....your tuff,tuff hair....?" Soda said. Then I saw Darry. He was leaning in the doorway, wearing his olive jeans and black T-shirt. He was still tall,broad-shouldered Darry; but his fists were jammed in his pockets and his eyes were pleading. I simply looked at him. He swallowed and said in a husky voice, Ponyboy...." Darry looked down and turned away silently. Suddenly I broke out of my daze. "Darry!" I screamed,and the next thing I knew I had him around the waist and was squeezing the daylights out if him. "Darry,I'm sorry...." I said. He was stroking my hair and I could hear the sobs racking him as he fought to keep back tears. "Oh,Pony,I thought we lost you....like we did Mom and Dad...." said Darry. That was his silent fear then_of losing another person he loved. I remembered how close he and Dad had been,and I wondered how I could ever have thought him hard and unfeeling. I listened to his heart pounding through his T-shirt and knew everything was going to be okay now. I had taken the long way around,but I was finally home. To stay. Then I saw Johnny at the corner of my eye. I turned around then started running towards Johnny. Then I hugged him tight.

Johnny's POV

I only had a few burns and a big bruise across my back. They told me Pony had the same problem. I hope Dallas and Jasmine or okay. Jasmine risked her life to save me. I mean,I almost got my back burned. And it would have if it wasn't for her. I was just about to go in the waiting room,when I saw Pony hugging his brothers. I think they made up by now. Pony then turned around a few minutes later and started running to me. He then hugged me tightly. "Wait,Pony,am still hurt" I said. "Oh right sorry. I missed you Johnny" said Pony. "I missed you too Pony" I said. He smiled and went to the waiting room. I went over there too. The four of us were now waiting in the waiting room waiting to hear how Dally and Jasmine were. Then the reporters and the police came. They asked too many questions too fast,and got me mixed up. The reporters fired one question after another at me and got me so confused I didn't know what was coming. I could tell they were confusing Pony too. Darry finally told them Pony wasn't in any shape to be yelled at so much and they slowed down. Sodapop kept them in stitches. He'd grab one guy's press hat and another's camera and walked around interviewing the nurses and mimicking TV reporters. He tried to lift a policeman's gun and grinned so crazily when he was caught that the policeman had to grin too. Soda can make anyone grin. Pony managed to get hold of some hair grease and comb his hair back so that it looked a little better before they got any pictures. Darry and Sodapop ere in the pictures too. I also got some with me. Soda was really getting a kick out of all this. Finally,even Sodapop got tried of the reporters_he gets bored with the same old thing after a time_and stretching out on the long bench,he put his head in Darry's lap and went to sleep. I guess both of them were tired_it was last at night and I knew they hadn't had much sleep during the week. Finally,the reporters started to leave,along with the police. One of them turned and asked Pony,"What would you do right now if you could do anything you wanted?" Pony looked at him tiredly. "Take a bath". The had a feeling Pony actually meant it. But I had to hold on a laugh. Now that I think about it,am going to take a shower probably tomorrow. I haven't had one for a long time either. The hospital got real  quite after they left. The only noise was the nurse's soft footsteps and Soda's light breathing. Darry looked down at him and grinned half-heartedly. The nurses wouldn't tell us anything about Jasmine and Dally,so Darry got hold of the doctor. The doctor told us that he would talk only to family,but Darry finally got it through the guy's head that we were about as much family as Dally and Jasmine had. Dally and Jasmine would be okay after two or three days in the hospital. "We'd better get home. We can't do anything here. Johnny,want to come with us?" Darry asked. "Sure" I said.

Pony's POV

In our Ford I was suddenly overcome by sleepiness. I leaned back and closed my eyes and we were home before I knew it. Soda was shaking me gently. "Hey,Ponyboy,wake up. You still got to get to the house". said Soda. "Hmmmmmm," I said sleepily,and lay down in the seat. I couldn't have gotten up to save my life. I could hear Soda and Darry,but as if from a great distance. "Oh come on Ponyboy,we're sleepy,too" said Soda shaking me a little harder. I guess Darry was tried of fooling around,because he picked me up and carried me in. "He's getting mighty big to be carried" Soda said. I wanted to tell him to shut up and let me sleep but I only yawned. "He's sure lost a lot of weight," said Darry. I thought sleepily that I should at least pull off my shoes,but I didn't. I went to sleep the minute Darry tossed me on the bed. I'd forgotten how soft a bed really was.

Hey guys!! I really hope you liked this chapter. I also really hope you are liking this book. Please vote or comment to let me know. Anyways,have a good day. Stay Gold