Drive-in Part 2

Jasmine's POV

I don't care if they did, it's not my idea of a good time to sit in a drive-in and watch people get drunk.

Pony's POV

All 5 of us were sitting in silence when suddenly a strong hand came down on Johnny's shoulder and another on mine. A deep voice said "Okay,greasers,you've had it". I almost jumped out of my skin. It was like having someone leap out from behind a door and yell"Boo!" at you. I looked fearfully over my shoulder and there was Two-Bit,grinning like a Cheesy cat. "Glory,Two-Bit,you scared us to death!". He was good at voice imitations and had sounded for all the world like a snarling Soc. Johnny's eyes were shut and he was as white as a ghost. His breath was coming in smothered gasps. Johnny opened his eyes and said weakly,"Hey,Two-Bit". Two-Bit messed up his hair, "Sorry,kid,I forgot" said Two-Bit. He climbed over a chair and plopped down beside Johnny. "Who are they,your great-aunts?" Two asked. "Great-grandmothers,twice removed," Cherry said smoothly. I couldn't tell if Two-Bit was drunk or not. It's kind of hard to tell with him_he acts boozed by sometimes even when he's sober. He cocked one eyebrow up and the other down,which he always dose when something puzzles him,or bothers him,or when he feels like saying something smart. "Shoot,you've ninety-six if your a day" said Two-Bit. "I'm a night," Marcy said. "Brother, you're a sharp one. Where'd you two ever get to be picked up by a couple of greasy hoods like Pony and Johnny?" Two-Bit asked. "We really picked them up," said Marcia. "We're really Arabian slave traders and we're thinking about shanghaiing them. They're worth ten camels apiece at least". "Five,they don't talk Arabian,I don't think. Say something in Arabian,Johnnycake". Said Two-Bit. "Aw,cut it out!" said Johnny. "Dally was bothering them and when he left,they wanted us to sit with them to protect them. Against wisecracking greasers like you,probably" said Johnny. Two-Bit grinned,because Johnny didn't usually get sassy like that. "Jasmine,will you come with me to get some popcorn?" Cherry asked. "Yeah sure,I'll come. Y'all want something?" Jasmine asked. "I do" said Marcia. "Me too," said Two-Bit He flipped Jasmine a fifty-cent piece. "Get Johnny some,too. I'm buying", he added as Johnny started to reach into his jeans pocket.

Jasmine's POV

Me and Cherry went to the concession stand and there was a mile long line so we had to wait. "How come I haven't seen you around school Jasmine?" Cherry asked. "Oh,am new in town. I only know a few people. Nine counting you and Marcia" I said. "Oh,how you liking it so far?" Cherry asked. "I guess I like it here so far" I said. "Do you think of yourself as a greaser?" Cherry asked. "I would say I belong in the middle class group" I said. "Is your friend dangerous?" Cherry asked. "If you mean the one who just came by,he's not dangerous like Dally" I said. Cherry smiled and her eyes showed that her mind was on something else. "Johnny....he's been hurt bad sometime,hasn't he?" Cherry asked. "Yeah,Pony told me what happened once. I don't know if I should be talking about it" I said. "I can keep it a secret" said Cherry. "I think I'll tell her. I hope Pony and Johnny won't mind" I thought. "I'll tell you everything I remember" I said. "Ok" said Cherry. "It was the Socs," I said nervously knowing that there was a lot of Socs around and some giving funny looks like I shouldn't be with Cherry. I don't like to talk about it anyways. I took a deep breath. "It was almost four months ago. Pony walked down to the DX station to get a bottle of pop and to see Steve and Soda,because they'll always buy him a couple of bottles and let him help work on the cars. It was a warmish spring day with the sun shining bright,but it was getting chilly and dark by the time they started home. They were walking home because Steve left his car at the station. At the corner of the block there was a wide open field. They were passing it,kicking rocks down the street and finishing there last Pepsi when Steve noticed something on the ground. He picked it up and it was Johnny's blue-jean jacket. Steve stopped and examined it more carefully. There was a stain the color of rust across the collar. There were stains on the grass. He looked up and across the field with a stricken expression on his face. There was a low moan and a dark motionless hump on the other side of the lot. Soda reached him first. Johnny was laying on the ground. Someone had beaten him up badly. Johnny's face was all cut up and bruised and swollen,and there was a wide gash from his temple to his cheekbone. His t-shirt was splattered with blood. "There was a whole bunch of them" Johnny said. "A blue Mustang full....I got scared....". Johnny had been hunting the football to practice a few kicks when a blue Mustang had pulled up beside the lot. There were 4 Socs. They had caught him and one had lots of rings on his hand that's what had cut Johnny so badly. It wasn't just that they had beaten him half to death,he could take that. They just scared him. They threatened him with everything under the sun. After the night of the beating,Johnny was jumpier than ever. Johnny never walked by himself after that. He now has a six-inch switchblade in his pocket. He'd use it if he ever got jumped again. He would kill the next person who jumped him" I said. When I looked up at her,she was as white as a sheet. "All Socs aren't like that. You have to believe me,Jasmine. Not all of us are like that" said Cherry. "Believe me,I know that. We'd better get back or Two-Bit would think I ran off with his money" I said. We went back and watched the movie through again. Marcia and Two-Bit were hitting it off fine.

Hey guys! I hoped you liked this chapter. Sorry if it was a little to long. Stay Gold