Dairy Queen

Pony's POV

"How come you got hauled in?" I asked Dally. "Shoot kid,them boys st the station know me by now. I get hauled in for everything that happens on are turf. While I was there I kinda let it slip that y'all were heading for Texas. So that's where they're looking" said Dally. He took a drag on his cigarette and cussed it good naturedly for not being a Kool. Johnny listened in admiration. "You sure can cuss good,Dally" said Johnny. "Sure can,but don't you kids get to pick up my bad habits" said Dally. He gave me a hard rub on the head. "Kid,I swear it don't look like you with your hair all cut off. It used to look tuff. You and Soda had the coolest-looking hair in town" said Dally. "I know I look lousy,but don't run it in" I say. "Do y'all want something to eat or not?" Dally asked. "You better believe it" said Johnny. Johnny and I leaped up. "Gee,it sure will be good to get into a car again" said Johnny. "Well,I will give you a ride for money" Dally said.

Jasmine's POV

Dally drives so fast as if he didn't care whether he got where he was going or not,and we came down the red dirt road off Jay Mountain doing eighty-five. On the way there,Pony gave me a note. "It's from Soda" said Pony smiling. The note reads: Jasmine,Am glad I met you about a week ago. Then you saved my brother. Am quite thankful for that. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't. I miss you. I miss all of you still but you know what I mean. You were there for all of us. That's one thing I read like about you. You are also tough and pretty. Whenever you come back,I have something to ask you. I hope you guys are okay. Love Sodapop.
About the time I was done reading it,he stopped at Dairy Queen. Am happy that Soda gave me that letter. I wonder what he wants to ask me when we get home. I got a Pepsi and so did Pony. Me,Johnny,and Pony gorged on barbecue sandwiches and banana splits. "Glory,you don't need to make like every mouthfuls your last. I got plenty of money. Take it easy,I don't want you getting sick on me. And I thought I was hungry!" Dally said. "I didn't tell y'all something",Dally said, finishing his third hamburger. "The Socs and us are having all-out war-fare all over the city. That kid you killed had plenty of friends and all over  town it's Soc against grease. We can't walk alone at all. I started carrying a heather...." "Dally,you kill people with heaters!" Pony said frightened. "Ya kill them with switchblades,too, don't ya,kid?" Dally said in a hard voice. Johnny gulped. "Don't worry,it ain't loaded. I ain't aiming to get picked up for murder. But it sure does help a bluff. Tim Shepard's gang and our outfit are having it out with the Socs tomorrow night at the vacant lot. We got hold of the president of one of their social clubs and had a war council" said Dally. "Yeah just like the good old days. If they win,things go on as usual. If we do,they stay outta our territory for good. Two-Bit got jumped a few days ago. Darry and me came along in time,but he wasn't having too much trouble. Two-Bit's a good fighter. Hey,I didn't tell you we got us a spy" said Dally. "A spy? Who?" Johnny asked,looking up from his banana split. "That good-looking broad I tried to pick up that night you killed the Soc. The redhead,Cherry what's-her-name" said Dallas. Johnny gagged and Pony almost dropped his hot-fudge sundae. "Cherry? The Soc" Pony and Johnny said at the same time. "Yeah,she came over to the vacant lot the night Two-Bit was jumped. Shepard and some of his outfit and us were hanging around there when she drives up in her little old Sting Ray. That took a lot of nerve. Some of us for jumping her then and there,being the dead kids girl and all,but Two-Bit stopped us. Man,next time I want a broad I'll pick up my own kind" said Dallas."Yeah" Johnny said slowly,and I wondered if,like me,he was remembering another voice,also tough and just deepened into manhood,saying: "Next time you want a broad,pick up your own kind. "She said she felt that the whole mess was her fault;which it is,and that she'd keep up with what was coming off with the Socs in the rumble and would testify that the Socs were drunk and looking for a fight and that you fought back in self-defense" said Dallas. He gave a grim laugh. "That little gal sure does hate me. I offered to take her over to The Dingo for a Coke and she said "No,thank you" and told me where I could go in very polite terms" said Dallas. She was afraid of loving you,I thought. "Man,this place is out of it. What do they do for kicks around here,play checkers?" Dally surveyed the scene without interest. "I ain't never been in the country before. Have you guys?" Dallas asked. Johnny and I shook are heads no. "Dad used to take us hunting. I've been in the country before. "How'd you know about the church?" Pony asked. "I got a cousin that lives around here somewheres. Tipped me off that it'd make a tuff hide-out in case of something. Hey,Ponyboy,I heard you was the best shot in the family" said Dallas. "Yeah,Darry always got the most ducks though. Him and Dad. Soda and I goofed around too much, scared most of our game away" said Pony. "That was a good idea,I mean cutting your hair and bleaching it. They printed your descriptions I'm the paper but you sure wouldn't fit them now" said Dallas. Johnny had been quietly finishing his fifth barbecue sandwich,but now it announced: "We're going back and turn ourselves in". It was Dally's turn to gag. "What?" Dallas asked. "I said we're going back and turning ourselves in. I got a good chance of being let off easy. I ain't got no record with the fuzz and it was self-defense. Ponyboy, Jasmine,and Cherry can testify to that. And I don't aim to stay in that church all my life. We won't tell you helped us,Dally,and we'll give you back the gun and what's left of the money and say we hitchhiked back do you won't get in trouble. Okay?" Johnny said. Dally was chewing the corner of his ID card,which gave his age as twenty-one so he could buy liquor. "You sure you want to go back? Us greasers get it worse than anyone else". Dallas asked. Johnny nodded. "I'm sure. I ain't fair for Ponyboy to have to stay up in the church with Darry and Soda worrying about him all the time. I don't guess my pay are worried about me or anything?" Johnny said. "The boys are worried"Dallas said in a matter-of-fact voice. "Two-Bit was going to go the Texas to hunt for you" said Dallas. "My parents,did they ask for me?" Johnny asked. "No they didn't" Dallas snapped. "Blast it Johnny,shat do they matter? Shoot,my old man don't give a hang weather I'm in jail or dead in a car wreak or drunk in the gutter. That don't bother me none" said Dallas.

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if it was too long. I meet to make to shorter. I didn't realize it was going to be this long. I was going to try and make it into one chapter but then I realized that it was already really long. So am going to make a part 2 to this chapter. Anyways,have a good day. Stay Gold