Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - If people seek death…

The competition for the top four finalists that was held a few days later was indeed very grand. The opening ceremony lasted for a whole day, and gods from all walks of life were invited to give speeches. They also found several famous stars to perform during the opening, intermission, and closing ceremonies.

The entire event was broadcasted live on various websites. The virtual audience at the scene were provided with snacks and a huge live screen, while those who were not there could opt to subscribe and watch the virtual live broadcast.

The virtual arena could accommodate 20 million people, and nearly 80 million additional subscription tickets had been sold for the live broadcast. The peak number of real-time viewers accounted for over half of the total number of viewers across all programs.

This was estimated to be the biggest event of the year in Earth District’s e-sports circle.

.

The confirmation process for the competition was very formal – Tyron’s qualifications were verified twice before he entered the competition. All kinds of data were examined, and they made it a point to inform him about how various infractions would be dealt with.

The players were all gathered together in the backstage lounge before it was time for them to appear.

The backstage lounge had a common relaxation area. While Tyron was sitting on the sofa flipping lazily through the newspaper, he noticed one of the hosts coming in.

The host was the small goblin from before. The first thing she saw when she entered were two long legs stretched out on the tea table. The owner of that pair of long legs seemed to have heard her movements, and looked up to meet her gaze.

The small goblin’s heart turned warm as she gazed into Tyron’s eyes. She fanned out her wings and asked, “I... Is my hair and dress still okay?”

Tyron motioned for her to come closer.

She flew to the sofa and turned around to present her back to Tyron. She then heard Tyron’s magnetic voice sound particularly sincere as he said, “If there was a ranking for back silhouettes, you would rank third.”

The little goblin had not intended to continue, but when she heard these words, she was intrigued and a little shy. She couldn’t control herself and asked, “Who are the other two?”

Tyron shook out the newspaper and spoke without any change in expression, “There is a goddess named Venus on Mount Olympus, and the other goddess has appeared in every man’s dream at least once.”

His flirting was deadly – the little goblin was left half dead, and almost let out a squeal. She sat near Tyron in a trance, and no longer spoke.

.

At this moment, Lu Chaofan also came in from outside.

He looked around the lounge, but did not discover the palm-sized host that was sitting behind Tyron. He spoke sarcastically as soon as he came in, “You’re really in a leisurely mood for someone who’s about to lose their reputation. Are you warming up by reading the newspaper?”

Tyron had never seen anyone so persistent about finding trouble for themselves. He was amused as he said, “This is a public place. What happened to your image?”