Chapter 119

Chapter 119 - Drowsy

After the entertainment game, the closing ceremony ended in a lively and hilarious manner. This segment of the provincial competition was finally officially over. The contestants packed their bags and prepared to go back home to find their respective mothers.

That evening, Tyron went into the A-League offices to finish the paperwork and pick up his virtual name card that symbolized his qualification for the national competition before quickly returning home.

Victor was making food, and it was a rare occasion where he had rolled up his sleeves and made a major event of it.

The smooth microwave stove held a pot that was simmering soup, and dessert was being baked in the oven. Victor worked on both sides, and the AI housekeeper, Athena, reminded him on what needed to be done at any time so that he didn't have to worry about the recipes, leaving Victor free to absently think about what he'd seen in the provincial competition.

When he thought of how Tyron had proposed on the spot after winning the championship, Victor happily hummed two phrases of a tune, almost dancing where he stood while holding a spatula, before asking Athena to help him prepare black bone chicken soup.

After a while, Victor thought about how the old antique now had many more CPs after the competition, and his face became long. He found another pan to make ribs and watermelon in.

After a while longer, Victor thought of the entertainment match again and how the great demon king had actually been scared away by five of 'him'. He was overjoyed and sniggered to himself with his hands on the chopping block, happily asking Athena to make potatoes in the oven in the old antique's favorite style.

--The things that the old antique liked were very old indeed. Tyron always treated potatoes as the staple food. Although he wasn't picky about what he ate, he didn't cover up his living habits, and he had a little tendency that was similar to that of the Westerners in the Middle Ages; he stuffed potatoes with all kinds of things and baked them. Sometimes he used beans; sometimes it was bacon; sometimes it was turkey breast.

As Victor thought about Tyron, he kept thinking that he was really, really cute.

A while after that, he thought about how the great demon king had used his wings to 'pull' the female broadcaster close, and his face turned dark again, so he made braised popcorn.

When Tyron came back from outside, he tossed the qualification card for the national championships that countless people couldn't even touch into a craft wooden cup in the middle of the table, where it shook two times and ended up at an angle.

Tyron went into the kitchen, where he saw Victor wearing a small apron. This was a very rare thing. He moved left and right to see more of it and wanted to go up and hug him.

However, Victor wriggled away and dodged.

After a while, it was time for the braised popcorn to come out--Victor felt endlessly guilty about it and waved the spatula to drive Tyron away, "Don't watch, go sit over there. I'll feed you later."

Tyron was expressionless, but he couldn't help reaching out to stroke his waist before turning away.

A moment later, the master assassin sat down in his exclusive seat and listened to the sounds in the kitchen. He felt something that he hadn't felt for a long time--the goal of being a 'plain, ordinary man at home' had been realized, and he was very satisfied as he opened up the communicator to go online and play.

This was the so-called 'from thrift to luxury was easy, but going from luxury to thrift was hard'. The old antique had now learned to surf the internet and play with all kinds of media.