Chapter 136

Chapter 136 - National Competition - Assassin 1

The randomized map results came out. There was no Night of the Full Moon or the top of the Forbidden City. It was the 'Desert Temple'.

It was a map that had appeared before. It was surrounded by flat desert, and the remains of an ancient Egyptian temple covered most of the middle of the map. The temple had three floors, and there were several hidden platforms on the top and narrow sewers on the bottom. Only the middle of the temple was very open, and it had a dry fountain in the center. The venue was large enough for ten people to play a team competition in.

The commentators didn't need to evaluate and say it, because the audience could already see: This was a map that suited professional assassins.

Ambushes could be set up from anywhere; sneak attacks could happen anywhere; and it was also suitable for close combat.

Now, the only question was: Who would be able to snatch the advantage? As everyone knew, one of the biggest advantages an assassin had was the ability to launch a sneak attack.

At the start of the countdown, the two assassins landed facing each other, looking at each other from a distance of over 20 meters away, with the fountain between them.

The audience was very nervous! They rubbed to clear their eyes, wanting to see who would take the lead.

The reason for this was that, in this fight between Vantico and Odin, it was no longer a question of who was better, and who was inferior. It was a question of which school of assassins would flourish in the future, and which school would have to quit the mainstream stage!

When the countdown had ended, everyone's jaw dropped.

Nobody had tried to gain an advantage, and nobody had entered stealth!

As soon as the countdown had ended, the two assassins had moved directly towards each other.

The commentators also instantly got to work, "They didn't enter stealth! The two of them are preparing to fight it out directly! It can be seen that Odin started with a 'Flash', and Vantico started with a 'Bow Walk'--"

The two movement techniques brought them together, and the two assassins entered each other's attack range within two seconds of the start of the match, meeting to the left of the fountain.

In the first wave of attacks, their blades only struck once each!

They could see a bright white, slash-like flash in the air. Then, the two people had already switched positions, and their health hadn't changed at all.

The scene seemed to freeze, and it was as though time had slowed down due to the strong tension during the confrontation. Then, Vantico completed his turn using the technique, 'Lotus Walk', and his two daggers turned into virtual shadows at the same time--

It was just like a hurricane had squeezed through narrow cracks, like turbulence had forced through the narrowest part of the river. The surging force was bound and forced through a well-tempered track.

The narrowest part of the river also moved the most quickly. The track wasn't free, but in exchange, it pushed the limits of speed and strength!

The commentator called out the name of the technique, "'Wind Pressure'! Vantico came up and used his main DPS technique!"

Odin was first to take a step back, and then, he attacked even more quickly. In his right hand, Song of Triumph instantly started up a continuous stream of counter-attacks!

Vantico's 'Wind Pressure' was like a charging stream of strength while Odin's combo was like a spider web that spread out quietly--it appeared gentle and leisurely on the surface, and sometimes, only a trace of it could be seen. If it wasn't for Vantico's blade moving to meet it, it would basically have been ignored.