Chapter 19

Chapter 19 - Team Competition – Slaughter Mode

After the ten minute Capture the Flag game ended, the points for the two teams were as follows: Seven Kills 461 points; Dreams 139 points.

There was no question that the Seven Kills Team won.

Some members from the Seven Kills Team expressed, “I won by lying down and hugging a big thigh.”

Of course, these kinds of words couldn’t be spoken to outsiders.

When the two teams came back to stand on stage again, the captains of both sides shook hands amicably.

Seven Kills’ captain: “Admit it.”

Dreams’ captain: “Victory or defeat is still uncertain. We’ll see how the next game goes.”

.

They only had one minute to regroup before the second BO3 round began.

The randomized map for this round: Moon God Forest.

There were a great number of trees in this map; they were all very tall and thick, stretching up into the clouds. There were many places well-suited for hiding. At the same time, the map contained many neutral creatures. There were three types: snakes, lizards, and apes, amongst which the snakes were highly poisonous and would actively attack anyone who approached.

Randomized mode: Slaughter.

Each team had a quota of 20 lives, and whichever team used up their quota first would lose.

.

The captain of the Dreams Team’s heart cracked when he saw this result.

The captain of the Seven Kills Team was so happy that flowers were blooming.

Male commentator: “This game will be difficult for Dreams.”

Female commentator: “Indeed. “This map is too well-suited for assassin-type players, and Seven Kills’ Lord Four is so **... Well, cough, so cool.”

Male commentator: “Oh. Wait a minute. The Dreams coach applied for three minutes of tactical discussion time.”

Female commentator: “Could it be that he has a good strategy for Dreams?”

.

The Dreams coach came on stage and huddled with the six players. After muttering for a moment, the Dreams captain’s eyes shone and he nodded.

When they returned to the field, the Dreams team showed that they had indeed come up with a new strategy.

Their sorcerer had never showed any outstanding performance before, but during this match, he attracted everyone’s attention as soon as he appeared: his ultimate move turned out to be a very unusual warfare-type skill—Mist Lock.

This skill summoned a fog that spread through the map. Everyone caught in the fog would have their vision affected, and where the fog was the thickest, they would barely be able to see beyond their fingertips.

Male commentator: “Great! No wonder this sorcerer didn’t stand out much in the previous match. The last match was transparent, so Mist Lock wouldn’t have had much effect.”

The female commentator followed up, “But it’s different for this map. It’s a forest map, and with a fog like this, it’s expected that the players inside won’t be able to see where their teammates are.”

Their commander: “Try your best not to disperse. Everyone stay in a centralized formation and we’ll slowly push forward. Lord Four, you–—”