Chapter 79

Chapter 79 - Provincial Competition - Assassin

Before the game began, Cardinal's inner sorrow was exactly the same as Flower Blower's from back then.

--Fight? It seemed that he couldn't win.

--Give up? He was already standing there in the arena. If he admitted defeat now, he wouldn't be able to face himself, the audience, or his coach...

After wavering, he ultimately decided to fight.

--It was said that Odin would leave his opponents with a bit of dignity. For better or worse, he would never deal with an enemy within 20 seconds...

However, whether or not the audience could tell at a glance that 'your opponent had gone easy on you for 20 seconds' was based on the player's own ability.

Cardinal felt that he was spineless. They hadn't even started fighting yet, but he had already thought of things like 'It's great that the other side will let me off for 20 seconds'.

.

This was the third round of the group matches and also the second to last match. It would determine the placement of the four-to-two matches.

However, the four strongest contestants were basically already locked in their places for the second half of the provincial competition and didn't need to worry too much about it. As a result, many players would choose to hold back after qualifying. During these kinds of matches, they basically wouldn't use their special techniques or killing moves to avoid revealing too much to their potential opponents.

Cardinal's inner thoughts were like this: He could use some effort to fight, but he couldn't show all his cards... It definitely wouldn't be easy to win against the other party, and he would lose even if he exposed his strength fully or perhaps only be able to barely scrape a win. It was better to keep his cards hidden until the finals and use them to deal with other opponents. In that case, this match was just a matter of making sure not to lose too miserably...

After he made up his mind, the randomized map results came out: The Classic Train.

This map was basically a fight held on a moving train. The train moved at a speed of approximately 200 km/h. For these two squishy, low-defense assassins, it meant that they couldn't fall off the train, and they would probably die directly if they slipped.

The train was made up of five carriages; the last two were full of coal. The first three had seating for passengers, corridors, and a roof that contestants could stand on.

Generally speaking, the map was narrow, and the space wasn't big.

At this time, the commentators discussed, "For these two assassins, there is not enough space to conceal themselves or sneak away--basically, it's a situation of 'the brave win when enemies meet on a narrow path'."

The audience expressed, "It's rare to see a duel between two assassins, and it's even a frontal-attack map!"

"I wonder who will snatch the opportunity to launch the first ambush."

"I'm betting on Lord Four!"

"Stop messing around! Who doesn't know that Cardinal is the most powerful sneak-attacker in Xian Qin District? Odin really might not be able to see through it."

"I bet on Odin... there's no sneaking at all..."

.

The thirty-second countdown began.

Tyron's figure appeared directly on the roof of the train head while Cardinal stood on top of the last coal carriage. The two of them couldn't be considered too far apart from each other.