Chapter 20

Chapter 20 - Team Competition – Slaughter Mode 2

The game was now at the eleventh minute.

At this point, the quota of remaining lives for each team was:

Seven Kills, 8 remaining lives; Dreams, 14 remaining lives.

.

Dreams’ card master support had died in two seconds!

Their commander only realized that they had lost a member of their team a few seconds later when he received the system’s notification. He asked in shock, “When did the card master die? How did he die?”

The card master was unable to speak while waiting to resurrect, and the rest of the team were stunned, “He’s been walking in the middle this whole time. We weren’t aware of any movement from the front or the back. How could someone have gone around us and killed him?”

The commander suddenly recalled their coach’s instructions and guessed, “Lord Four likes to attack from above. He might be hiding in a tree. We’ve already lost two people, so we’ll wait for a bit first to let the paladin return before looking for Seven Kills.”

The four of them entered a defensive formation and slowly made their way forward, the executioner watching the tree canopy vigilantly.

.

But, they had guessed wrong again.

Instead of remaining above them, Tyron moved quickly and was now lurking on another path.

The male commentator spoke with regret, “Ouch! Dreams wasn’t cautious when they needed to be, and now Lord Four has already left and they’ve missed the chance!”

Female commentator: “Actually, you’ve spoken in reverse. It should be that Lord Four understands the situation too well! He seems to know when his opponents will stop, and when they’ll act. What a terrifying sense of strategy!”

Halfway through their conversation, they were surprised to discover that the paladin had arrived.

The paladin had come at a perfect time. Tyron had just concealed himself when the paladin showed up in Tyron’s field of vision. Moreover, of all places, he flew directly towards the place where Tyron was concealed!

The male commentator was stunned: “It’s almost as though they planned it!”

Female commentator: “I don’t believe that this is another coincidence. Lord Four definitely set up an ambush here because he knew the paladin would come! But the question is, how did Lord Four know?!”

.

The pitiful paladin had been killed by Tyron even when he held the initiative in their previous encounter, and also knew that he absolutely had no way to beat Lord Four on his own.

This time, he was the one ambushed by Tyron. The moment he saw Tyron, he was basically scared to the point where his soul was sent flying.

This ambush again ended in under ten seconds, and Tyron nailed the paladin who hadn’t had a chance to defend himself directly onto the tree.

Male commentator: “Ouch, what a tragedy! I can’t watch anymore.”

The Master Assassin’s grasp of the situation and people’s hearts was terrifying. He only needed to glance over the enemy to know who amongst them was already lowering their vigilance, and could fully seize the fleeting opportunity to make a kill.

A mere few dozen seconds later, Tyron had killed another person.

Dreams’ commander couldn’t hold back anymore and said, “We can’t go on like this. We can’t stand alone. This assassin is really damned... Facing off against him alone is not a solution. We’ll go together and catch him twice. After we kill him a few times, he won’t dare come out to ambush our people alone anymore.”