Chapter 75

Chapter 75 - Provincial Competition - Elemental Dancer End

Female commentator: "Bring it! Let me boast about my god's brilliant mind, insight, intricate planning, and fine judgement!!"

Male commentator: "You, you, you, you... you're nothing but an insignificant person who has achieved minor success. Let me tell you, with Geng Chen's strength as one of the top 50 in the national rankings, the next match won't be so easy."

He wanted to ask the director to switch the camera and show a shot of Geng Chen when he made this statement.

But, he hadn't expected that the director would shake his head at him and raise an information board that said: Geng Chen felt too much pressure from the previous match and applied for a half-time break of ten minutes.

The two commentators: "......"

Oh! This, this, this... thinking about how Geng Chen, a national-level contestant who had lost and come back to participate in the provincial competition, had encountered Odin, who had been confirmed as a god, even before they came out of the group matches...it made people suddenly feel quite distressed for her.

.

The half-time break lasted for 15 minutes due to Geng Chen's request.

The two commentators were left with extra time to say a little more: "I didn't think that there would be such a wonderful competition during the second round of the group matches. I dare say that both players are really at the national level."

"Geng Chen is more of a veteran, but she was rather unfortunate last year and encountered Jiuzhou in the top 32. This year, she fell back into the provincial competition and met Lord Four in the group matches..."

"The situation for elemental mages is not optimistic this year. It's reasonable to say that Geng Chen's plays in the previous match were already specifically prepared in advance for use against Odin. You can see that in terms of movement, she had prepared Eye of the Storm, and for defense, she had the Ice Shield. For control, she had prepared the shackles, and the lightning, and even Echo--these are all skills that target assassins, but she unexpectedly still lost."

"On the other hand, if you look at contestant Odin, it's hard to tell if he targeted her specifically or not. This contestant almost never uses the system skills. I suspect that he didn't bring any system skills at all as he uses techniques every time..."

"--Wait a minute! It's a little scary now that you say that. How many techniques does he have to have hidden away in order for him to do this? As far as I know, there's only one contestant, Vantico, in the top 100 across the nation who dares to use all techniques with no skills..."

"That's not it. Look! For movement, Odin has flash; for defense... well, I haven't seen him defend on the field so let's not mention it for now. For control, he used the throat slice, and I've never seen another assassin who can use it with 100% accuracy. For ambushes, he has stealth and shadow jump--do you feel that his shadow jump and stealth are skills or techniques?"

"It's a bit wasteful to train up this kind of instant skill into a technique. It's also very difficult, and training it for a few years will only be able to shorten the cooldown time a little bit, hm..."

.

Fifteen minutes wasn't actually a long time. Most of the audience felt like the second round had started just as they were settling in to idly pass time.

When the two contestants returned to the stage, it was clear to everyone from Geng Chen's expression that she wasn't in a good state.

However, this was quite understandable. After all, she had fallen all the way from the National Championships to the provincial competition. If she lost this match, she would have to enter the loser group of the provincial competition. For a top player, who was once ranked 35th nationwide, not only was this an unbearable major failure, but it also gave her a huge amount of psychological pressure in the next match.