Chapter 109

Chapter 109 - Provincial Competition End

When Forgetting Worries saw that the tip of his long gun was completely stuck as though fixed in the air by some giant power, he felt an inexplicable premonition in his heart.

Song of Triumph's three instant strikes were something he'd once seen in Odin's match videos. Odin had once used it to deal with a ranger's absolute-kill move. At the time, he'd felt great pressure, because--at this time, the dagger in Odin's left hand was completely idle!

With Odin's strength, wasn't it possible for him to use the continuous attack of his short sword to destroy all obstacles and stop all defenses, then use his dagger to launch a deadly attack?

... There was no need to answer, because Forgetting Worries knew that it was completely possible.

Odin was an unfathomable opponent, and now, Forgetting Worries had the honor of coming face-to-face with the worry that had been fermenting in his heart--

Now, at last, the great demon king, Odin, once again demonstrated a new and deadly technique.

Forgetting Worries didn't know what such a technique should be called, but he had experienced it personally.

Song of Triumph's three instant strikes were just the prelude. The real danger had always been the silent dagger, Deep Silence!

Even during blade fights, Deep Silence's appearance rate was very low. When Song of Triumph started to cry out, it would only account for 20%, but every time it moved, it would land a key strike! The magnificence and elegance of Song of Triumph had always acted as the perfect camouflage for Deep Silence. It was as though a killing machine was hidden in a beautiful painting of rivers and mountains. Only when the magnificent artwork was fully appreciated, bringing about a deep silence, would it appear, bringing with it the shadow of death that was the true silence in the eternal night.

The first time it appeared during this match was enough to leave everyone in a state of stunned shock.

The audience didn't even know what had happened. They only saw that Odin's figure had moved too fast; he'd approached Forgetting Worries with a flash of light, and then, his short sword moved too quickly, and he used a move that caused it to sing to resist Forgetting Worries's long gun, and then... what happened?!

It was as though, if only for a moment, Odin had already become a shadow that swept behind Forgetting Worries.

And, Forgetting Worries's health had inexplicably dropped by 17%.

The female commentator wiped off the sweat dripping from her forehead and said, "This should be Shadow Dance!"

Both commentators hadn't been able to study the moves carefully nor explain it clearly when Odin's Shadow Dance was displayed to its fullest.

On the second pass, Song of Triumph made another joyful sound, causing the tip of the long gun to shift away.

This time, Forgetting Worries could clearly sense it as Odin crouched and then turned himself around from beneath the gun, and it seemed as though he'd turned his back to him, but that dagger--

In the moment that Deep Silence passed by, it went deep into his left rib, stabbing with chilling accuracy between his fourth and fifth rib. He shifted against the fatal heart injury and used Odin's inertia to remove it from his flesh.

The system judged: Critical attack, fatal blow.

All of this had come into existence and combined together around this dagger. This was Odin's true core technique!