Chapter 43

Chapter 43 - Individual Competition - Sorcerer 2

In that moment of shock, the sorcerer reflexively cast a shield spell on himself--this was the sorcerer's only shield skill.

From the time he first saw Tyron begin to move, Maple Leaf had only blinked once before he suddenly discovered that Tyron was nearly upon him.

The tip of Tyron's dagger stabbed down from the sky, aiming straight between Maple Leaf's eyes.

Only the commentator who had been following Tyron's path through the camera had enough time to react. "He's only a short distance away! War God directly attacked with a backhand grip--the vast majority of all his damage output is done through a backhand grip--the dagger's direct stab is faster and fiercer than all his other attacks!"

He was still speaking, accompanied by the sound of endless clanging, like a bell that was shaking in the wind, filled with a sense of urgency and danger.

The sorcerer's shield had been broken through!

Maple Leaf had never seen such a simple and direct assassin opponent in all the time he had been playing professional matches, nor had he ever seen a player who could directly break through his shield in the first round of combo attacks! It was too fierce; other than the word 'ferocious', he had no other words that could describe his feelings at this moment.

However, at the very least, this shield had bought him some time... a very precious 0.5 seconds.

.

Why was 0.5 seconds so important?

It was because all spells required three components before they were cast: chanting, gesturing, and casting material. Amongst them, chanting was the most important. Approximately every 0.5 seconds of a chant was called a 'short segment'. All spells required at least one 'short segment'; while any spell that could be released by chanting only one 'short segment' was known as an 'instant spell'.

Polymorph!

Polymorph was a quintessential 'instant spell'. It's release time only required 0.5 seconds of chanting and gesturing. Even the average melee player's attack speed interval wasn't this short.

Therefore, in the instant his shield was broken through, the trump card that Maple Leaf held in the palm of his hand was actually polymorph!

The moment the magic flashed over, Maple Leaf seemed to be watching Tyron move in slow motion--

This was because he was too nervous, too anxious, and his mind was creating delusions.

All of this still happened so quickly, rushing by in a flash.

In fact, in that precise moment when that the magic blazed, Tyron's figure had melted into the shadows!

.

Outside of the arena, the commentator yelled, "Stealth!"

"Instant stealth! What's going on! The War God's blade had already reached the top of Maple Leaf's head, why did he suddenly go into stealth mode?!"

Because it all happened so fast, the movements of both players seemed to be instantaneous.

Within the 0.5 seconds that was required to cast polymorph, Tyron had immediately gone into stealth mode, leaving Maple Leaf's view. This made it so that Maple Leaf's polymorph no longer had a target and couldn't be released.

Maple Leaf was unable to release his spell, so the commentators had no idea what had taken place between the two players or why the War God had suddenly turned invisible.