Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - Team Competition - Tower Defense

Earth District Team Finals.

Seven Kills vs Heaven's Inquiry.

Although both names sounded appealing and pulled inspiration from classical Chinese literature, the two teams' pre-match declaration went like this:

Heaven's Inquiry's coach: "Heaven's intentions are difficult to perceive, but my life is in my hands and does not depend on fate!"

Seven Kills' coach Qian Sheng: "Ah? What is the Seven Kills Star, the greedy Sirius star? The reason our team is called Seven Kills is because our goal is--block our opponent at their resurrection point through bloody slaughter! We can kill them seven times with six people, isn't Seven Kills more vicious than wiping them out six times?!"

"......"

The host's expression was too horrible to look at.

Seven Kills' old fans: We can't bear to think back on this shameful past, please let us die.

The new people in the audience showed a myriad of confused faces.

.

Returning back to the story. Heaven's Inquiry was also an old team. Their club had three long-established teams operating independently of each other at the same time. Every time the Team Competition came up, they would break up the three teams, bench the weakest players, and form a team that consisted of the strongest players that would then compete as the Heaven's Inquiry Team.

Their club had implemented a high-level operating model, which was highly commercialized and based on individual performance. It was cruel but very effective.

Therefore, the characteristics of Heaven's Inquiry were: each individual's combat effectiveness was outstanding and they had a sense of team cooperation (after all, they came from team backgrounds), and relying on their personal strength to make up for the lack of tacit understanding between the players.

Each of their players was like a time bomb with an uncertain explosion time. They might suddenly break out with a series of extremely amazing moves, creating a sudden element of surprising behavior that could directly cause confusion amongst their opponents during a team battle.

However, they have also suffered brutal defeat because two players accidentally interfered with each other and created a marvelous counter-attacking opportunity for their opponents.

That was to say, the team's fighting power could fluctuate so much that even their own coach had disparaged himself and said, "The meaning behind the name Heaven's Inquiry is 'drawing divination sticks every day to determine how to play the next match'."

In any case, the individuals' strength was still there, and the lower limits for their performance wasn't low at all.

Heaven's Inquiry had always remained in the top four positions of the Earth District's Team Competition, and even won the League's Championship seat in one stroke during the last competition.

.

The players attracted cheers from the crowd, and the commentators switched on their mics.

Male commentator: "Our Heaven's Inquiry Team has had a fresh infusion of new blood. They really have fresh faces every year. Of course, the same is also true for Seven Kills. This year, the performance of their Lord Four has been very outstanding."

Female commentator: "Let's look at what the lineup is like for both sides."

Seven Kills: (Main Tank) Great Shield Warrior, (Deputy Tank, Commander) Scourge Knight, (Healer, Support) Goblin Summoner, (#1 DPS) Assassin (Tyron), (#2 DPS) Launcher, (#3 DPS, Crowd Control) Puppet Master.