Chapter 137

Chapter 137 - National Competition - Assassin 2

After the second throat slice, an idea flashed through Vantico's heart, but it soon dissipated.

As for Odin, he stopped immediately and walked away. He didn't seem to want to fight.

This time, not just the commentators, but even the audience could see a hint of what was happening, and they commented on the public screen, "Is Odin doing it on purpose? Why is it that every time he gets the upper hand, he just slices his throat and leaves?"

"So far, in the previous two exchanges, Odin had had the advantage, and he could've continued..."

"Just slicing the throat without a combo doesn't deal enough damage. Take a look at the health values."

At this time, it had been 11 seconds since the start of the game.

Vantico's remaining health: 67%.

Odin's remaining health: 98%.

The advantage couldn't be considered that big. For assassins--especially those whose attributes were balanced for actual combat, a single set of combo attacks was enough to completely take away 50% of their health.

Vantico took a deep breath and calmed down. He said to himself: It's still unknown who will win. Psychologically, anyone who looks down on the enemy will have already lost!

After the two men came down from the door post, Vantico used the 'Bow Line' technique and once again retreated over 20 meters away.

At this distance, anyone could tell that Odin did not intend to pursue.

Vantico quickly hid behind a stone pillar. The experienced commentators could tell that he was planning to do something, so the cameras followed him the whole way.

As expected, Vantico took out his claws and tossed them directly towards the place where the fight had taken place just now!

The speed of the hook claws wasn't fast, but in the moment that they had been launched up into the air, Vantico had opened up his stealth skill and disappeared along with the hook claw.

This was the prelude to his technique: 'Snake Walk'!

The name, 'Snake Walk', was taken from the saying, 'The grass snake's grey line hints at an ambush a long distance away'. It alluded to a snake-like, long-distance ambush, sneak attack, and movement technique. The long-distance movement of this technique relied on the force provided by the hook claw.

'Bow Walk' was good for advancing and retreating in the battlefield; 'Lotus Walk' was good for moving around in close quarters, and 'Snake Walk' was a super long-distance penetration technique. These three displacement techniques combined together formed a perfect set of movement techniques for the 'Mysterious Hand', Vantico, just like how the combination of 'Flash' and 'Shadow Dance' came together for Lord Four.

At this moment, the 'Snake Walk' technique, which had the highest start-up requirements, appeared. The commentators were struck with excitement and said, "He's playing with timing once again!"

Just now, Vantico had deliberately used 'Bow Walk' to create the illusion that he was withdrawing from the direct confrontation, but in fact, he had been paving the way for 'Snake Walk'. He wanted to take advantage of this unexpected timing to catch Odin by surprise.

The hook claw flew for a total of 26 meters, and Vantico used Snake Walk three times. It added up to only two seconds in total, and this movement speed could be considered as fast as lightning as he suddenly burst into the front lines of the fight!