Chapter 123

Chapter 123 - Get A Certificate, Take A Holiday

After they went home, everything was as usual. Victor ran to the government of the Third Star Province and obtained a form.

In the evening, while Tyron was reading, Victor handed it to him to sign.

Tyron's eyes swept over it for ten seconds, and then, he signed his name.

Victor no longer concerned himself with the paper anymore. He picked it up extremely naturally and leaned in to kiss Tyron, then spoke with a smile, "Are you taking advantage of how there's still time before the National Championships to be lazy?"

Tyron turned the page of his book and asked, "Do you want to go somewhere to play?"

Victor pondered this for a long time, then said, "How about going on vacation on the back of a space ray?"

Tyron said, "'The vagrant who goes wherever he wants'?"

He was repeating the name of a famous holiday project.

A space ray was a type of supersized cosmic creature that always floated in space either alone or with a family. Its wingspan could reach the size of a stellar system, and it mainly lived by devouring planets. It was one of the largest creatures in the world, and because of its very large size, a vast number of small creatures could live on its back. Some people liked to take vacations on their backs as there was a sense of mystery about drifting along without knowing where they were going.

Additionally, this particular space ray called 'Green Dumpling' actually had a high IQ and a very good personality. Some people said that this was because he was born in the Phoenix Empire. However, due to his large size, and the way the speed of information transmission in the space ray's body was only at 99% of the speed of light, its neural responses and thinking were super, super, super slow.

For example, last month, two couples had taken a vacation on the space ray and told him a joke. He took 10 full days to process the joke, then laugh from the front of his body to the back over the course of the next ten days (his size was too big, and the people up on the surface were unable to feel the turbulence), then take another ten days to reply:

"I... wish... you... guys... a... hundred... years... of... happiness... together..."

Everyone expressed: One word every two days made the listeners anxious enough to die.

The next day, the two of them were planning to leave in a spaceship, but they had to first hand in the form before they left.

Because of this extra errand and the fact that they were in a rush, they had to get up very early that day, basically in the early hours of the morning. Victor felt that he'd only just fallen asleep with much difficulty when the alarm clock started to ring.

After a while, Tyron handed in the form alone, and he heard the staff say, "I'm sorry, but we need to take photos. Can you please wake your husband up?"

Tyron spoke the words, "Open your eyes", into Victor's ear, and the latter struggled to open up his pair of blue eyes, most of his body leaning against Tyron. The two of them were caught on camera just like that, and it became the official photo on their certificate.

Tyron picked up the two pieces of paper, then left slowly with Victor on his back again.

Victor slept comfortably against his strong, broad back and barely kept from leaving saliva on his collar. He woke up a long time later and asked, "Where are we going now?"

Tyron said, "Little muddle-head, I'm thinking about whether to sell you off to dig coal or move bricks..."

He hadn't finished speaking when Victor bit gently on his earlobe, nibbling before falling back into a daze, speaking vaguely, "Don't go dig coal, turning black from the digging is no good. Moving bricks is better, the industry standard is 20 credits for one thousand bricks. One year of moving bricks is enough to reach the target. 60 credits for three thousand bricks a day, and 50 credits can be used for dinner. Making potato pies for you is cheap, taking care of you is easy..."