Chapter 42

Chapter 42 - Individual Competition - Sorcerer

The angrier Victor became, the calmer he appeared.

Every person there was young and had aspirations similar to his. Sometimes, questioning them would only prick their pride and make communication more difficult.

Victor put down the proposal, turned on the display screen, and zoomed in on the company's logo. "Who remembers what we created this for?" he asked. "Could it be that our initial purpose wasn't to protect the basic rights and interests of creators? We need to grow bigger and require more money in order to achieve this goal, right? Are we now going to ignore the bigger picture, cut corners, and start selling out our ultimate goal for the sake of money?"

Several people bowed their heads, while a few others were still deep in thought.

Someone said, "Victor, I understand that you want to both grow big and be reputable, and that you want our products to be good and attract large audiences. However, now we need to make a trade-off between the two..."

Victor retorted, "I chose to grow by word-of-mouth. Are you saying that this was the wrong decision?"

By this time, his presence had already overwhelmed everyone else at the table.

Most of them came to the realization that he was the largest shareholder in the company, as well as the most powerful director and president amongst the founders. They chose to stop debating.

Faced with the few who were still deliberating, Victor softened his tone and said, "Of course, I'm not blaming you for wanting to follow a strategy of obtaining more resources. Only, this is contrary to the direction of the company's development. I respect your ideas and won't reject White Thousand Degrees' cooperation proposal immediately, but you will need to come up with an in-depth analysis in order to convince me."

.

When Victor headed out of the meeting room, someone offered to open the door for him.

This was the first time that Victor had exerted pressure during a meeting, using his words to express his firm stance. It made quite a few people realize that Victor was no longer the straight 'A' student who focused on school work and had to twist himself into knots to pull people together into groups. Further, they could no longer be that same group of unregulated, undisciplined, hot-blooded entrepreneurs that relied on brazenness and youth. They had to build rules and have class, and those rules and stratum would only become more solid and difficult to ignore as time went on.

This was a matter of course, an unalterable principle of life.

.

When Victor returned to his office, he rang the bell to call for his secretary, then wrote down two names for her. "Check their finances for this month, and make sure to look into any contact they may have had with White Thousand Degrees' team."

The secretary asked, "Should this be done through the company's channels, or through a private investigator?"

Victor replied, "I think that you're very intelligent, so you can decide that on your own."

As soon as the secretary thought of Victor's usual open and upright style, she knew that this was a test of both her ability and character. At the same time, she felt very motivated by his praise, and carefully put away the paper as she left the office.

.

After that, Victor planned to turn on White Thousand Degrees' video and watch it from beginning to end for himself, but it wasn't suitable to do in the office. Instead, he went to the lounge.