Chapter 48

Chapter 48 - Mutual Declaration Of War

Tyron laughed shortly, hooked a finger, and said, "Come here."

Qi Xun had originally been a little wary, but when he looked into Tyron's eyes, he suddenly noticed the night lights were reflected within them--the scene was too beautiful, too amazing.

Qi Xun couldn't keep himself from leaning over, swallowing excitedly as he asked, "Are you joining? Come in with me now?"

Tyron sneered, and his dark golden eyes were as hard as glass marbles as he narrowed them, the increasing chilliness only adding to their beauty.

He asked, "Is the sky very high?"

Qi Xun subconsciously looked up at the night sky.

"Look clearly at the night sky," Tyron continued. "It is very deep, and very far away. You slowly begin to feel your own insignificance..."

His voice gradually slowed down and evened out, drifting deep into Qi Xun's eardrums like the sound of an intangible cello.

Qi Xun felt a trickle of uneasiness rise up in his heart, but it was soon crushed under Tyron's voice.

"... You are slowly losing your consciousness, and have no way to move your limbs. The sky is getting further and further away from you, and you can't hear or see anything except for me."

As Tyron said this, Qi Xun's eyes completely lost focus.

He had been hypnotized.

.

For an assassin, the most basic skill was to avoid attracting attention. This was something that could only be achieved after understanding other people's subconscious behaviors;

Furthermore, an assassin also needed to learn how to gain the trust of their targets. They would go from spending many days or even half a month to barely build up some semblance of trust, to being able to directly instill trust in others through their words, movements, and demeanor, which required years of practice;

Taking it even further, some master assassins were able to use their skills to bewitch others, guiding and even directly manipulating their minds.

Similarly, creatures like incubi were born with the gifts of seduction, hypnosis, and manipulation.

For a master assassin like Tyron, who had both a racial advantage and experience, hypnosis was nothing special. It just required a bit of spiritual pressure and insinuating some cues.

He had once used the same technique to make a certain foolish enemy fall to their knees in front of him--

Tsk, how could using hypnosis to deal with spiritless scum like this be difficult?

.

Without any difficulty at all, Qi Xun was now standing woodenly by the car like an obedient robot.

Tyron asked, "Who do you work for?"

Qi Xun: "White Thousand Degrees."

Tyron didn't recognize the name, so he asked again, "What's his relationship with Victor?"

Qi Xun heard this prompt and said everything he knew: White Thousand Degrees had originally intended to cooperate with Vicker to boost his popularity, but Victor had urged the people of the company to reject this cooperation. White Thousand Degrees became angry and wanted to teach Victor a lesson by forcing him to suffer a loss and retreat.