Chapter 90

Chapter 90 - Provincial Competition - Ice Mage 1

Old Friend was a newly confirmed War God from the Tianyi District, but his path to becoming a god hadn't been the same as everyone else's.

He wasn't a traditional e-sports contestant, the type who came up one step at a time. Instead, he had directly come up and challenged famous experts. He started with the assassins, rangers, and warriors on the Tianyi District rankings and soon gained some fame before starting to challenge similar professions on the rankings of the Second Star Province.

Generally speaking, mages were very weak when facing assassins, but he was very good at dealing with assassins for some reason and could take them down accurately with very few failures so far. On the other hand, when faced with other casting professions, Old Friend's movements no longer seemed as smooth.

After his latest victory over the nation's leading assassin, Jiong En, his fans in the Tianyi District jokingly called him the 'Thief Lord's unbeatable rival'. After that, he simply took advantage of the situation to really participate in the e-sports competitions and very smoothly entered the provincial competition.

The audience may not understand why he, as a mage, was able to suppress the agile melee professions;

But Tyron knew why:

He had a partner called Vantico, hey.

Perhaps it was because this small couple played games together every day, or perhaps Vantico used him as a training partner. In short, Vantico, as an assassin whose rankings were pretty good, was always there as a companion, so Old Friend would definitely have a lot of experience in dealing with assassins.

After watching two match replays, not only had the master assassin learned Old Friend's playing style, but he had also accidentally figured out Vantico's fighting style.

Vantico was good at explosive combos, which wasn't surprising for an assassin; Vantico was also good at lurking around the periphery of a fight, then catching others off guard by unexpectedly showing up right in their faces. Additionally, he would often land a series of combos around the opponent from multiple directions.

His last special feature was a move that was similar to Shadow Dance. Tyron opened up Vantico's official site to check--sure enough, the technique was called Shadow Dance.

It was a little interesting.

.

The venue for the semi-finals the next day was the big platform set up between the six islands.

There were only a few thousand real audience members there, and those who could sit there were all rich and wealthy. The rest of the audience were all in virtual auditoriums that were projected in a series of twelve-row-high, translucent seating which rotated very slowly around the center of the venue.

Most of the space was left for live broadcasting equipment, from the large 360-degree camera on-site to the twelve flying aircrafts in the sky and the satellite-based data analyzer, all so that they could be put to good use on the hovering platform, providing all viewers with flawless images, sounds, and even odors.

A few days ago, countless stars and celebrities had already shown their faces at the opening ceremony for the semi-finals. The 24 contestants who had made it into the semi-finals had their figures magnified and projected in 3D at the center of the venue, and each of them had received a lengthy introduction.

Now, it was finally time for the official competition to begin. The first round had already started, and the matchup was: Odin vs Old Friend.

The virtual audience seating was full, and all the voices from the crowd rustled like a sea of trees as everyone stared nervously at the stage.