Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - … They’ll really die

The so-called blade duel was a close up fight where the two opponents only used a single dagger or short sword. All the attacking and defensive moves were performed using that single blade, and it tested both sides’ reactions, awareness, hand speed, strength, and so on.

Blade duels were often ineffective, but they were extremely beautiful to watch.

As the blood colored knife glints flashed back and forth like two shuttles incessantly weaving a web of light, people would find themselves unable to move their gaze away. At the same time, they would be shocked by the beauty and power contained in this scene.

However, if the gap in strength between the two sides was too large, then the audience would be presented with a one-sided performance.

Tyron held his dagger in a reverse grip. It was a very steady, solid posture that limited his options to downward stabbing and horizontal blade defense. Almost no one would choose to reverse their dagger like this in a blade duel, but it was exactly what Tyron did.

And he had the upper hand, standing there with a hint of boredom evident in his eyes.

.

Tyron’s dagger did not appear like a dagger. Rather, it seemed like a blade of light that was hidden on his fingertips.

As he wielded it freely, the glint of the blade would appear at will and suddenly cut through time and space. Even as a scene of amazing beauty unfolded before their eyes, the dagger struck sharply against the enemy’s blade.

The sound of the two daggers colliding together rang out like the crisp ringing of a bell. It brought a feeling of coolness and freshness to those who heard it.

That bell-like sound rang out for a mere two seconds.

Lu Chaofan’s forehead was covered in fine drops of cold sweat.

His wrist had begun to stiffen, the images before his eyes somewhat difficult to understand. His ability to judge his enemy had already begun to fail, and his actions turned clumsy as his body moved without his control.

Suddenly, Lu Chaofan felt a shock on his wrist.

His dagger flew away.

He had lost. It was a complete defeat that left him with absolutely no room for refusal.

.

Lu Chaofan was breathing heavily, sweat and blood flowing down his chin as he stared the person opposite him in horror.

Tyron was still holding Deep Silence in a reverse position. He slowly moved the blade towards Lu Chaofan’s neck and asked, “Do you know what the difference is between a mixed blood and a hybrid?”

Lu Chaofan’s vision was filled with nothing but Tyron’s dark golden eyes. His back began to drip with cold sweat, and he subconsciously wanted to move his gaze away, but for some reason, he found that he could not move.

He could deeply sense that his psychological defences were turning shaky. If he admitted defeat here, he would be terrified of Tyron from now on!