Chapter 135

Chapter 135 - Assassin Civil War

After finishing dinner that evening, Victor's eyebrows still held traces of anger as he picked up the cat and sent it back to his roommate.

This part of the artificial planet had entered the late night phase, and there were a lot of party lights and alcohol everywhere.

In order to send away this cat, Victor was really putting in a lot of effort. He didn't stop until he found his roommate in a club.

This roommate of his, who had lived with him for two years, was confused by his actions. He spoke as he accepted the cat, "You... you went through so much trouble and came into a private club just for this?"

Victor: "This is for the sake of harmony in the family. You don't get it."

Roommate: "......" Is it such a big deal that you've married your male god?! My wife is pregnant! If you have the ability, you should go and get pregnant too!

This private club was mainly focused on gambling for the National Championships. Although it wasn't illegal, it wasn't a fully legal activity either. It was a business that really tread the fine line and therefore didn't dare to open up to the public. Instead, it allowed some young men who were in the circle to come in for entertainment.

Victor wasn't interested in these things, but when he looked up, he saw the words: 'Odin vs Vantico'. He stopped and looked at it a little more.

His roommate spoke up, "Darling! You have such sharp eyes! I had never thought that you would've picked out the great demon king back then when he was still reading in the library! How come I don't have that kind of luck!?"

Victor asked and finally discovered that his roommate had lost a lot of money in the past two days. It was mainly because he'd also placed some bets on Odin that he'd managed to remain afloat. Although the amount that he'd lost wasn't considered a lot for a second generation, the key was that it had been too humiliating.

Victor wasn't interested in participating though and asked casually, "Are you guys holding bets for the top eight?"

His roommate pulled him over to the betting window to take a look: They really were taking bets for the next game.

.

Victor took a look and saw that beneath the entry for 'Odin vs Vantico', the odds were almost 50-50 while Odin's return was slightly lower by around 0.1. He asked curiously, "How is this predicted? Does this mean that more than 50% of the betters are placing bets on Odin?"

The second most popular betting zone was for the championship round. The champion of the previous National Championships, 'Crimson', and the runner-up, 'Jiuzhou', had steadily entered the top eight once again, and they would definitely have another decisive battle.

Although the club was based around gambling, it was still mainly for fun. The second-generation rich would spend time here, so there was plenty of available news, and e-sports analysts had also been employed to oversee the betting.

Victor casually read a few more reports and noticed that the win rate for 'Odin vs Vantico' was fluctuated at around 55% with the highest one only giving 80%.

Victor wasn't willing to accept this, "Why is it so low? I feel that it should be at least 98%."

His roommate laughed, "Hey, it's just for fun. If you really followed the analysis, we would've made bets based on last year's ranking a long time ago. These analysts only know how to look at the data..."

Victor was gracious, "Eh, sooner or later they'll be slapping their own faces."

His roommate could actually hear a sense of having experienced the world from this sentence. Had Victor often seen people slapping their own faces?