1. Nandini Murthy

HER eyelids battled for few times before she completely woke up to her alarm which is HIS melody that he composed few years back. An adorable smile crept over her lips when she switched off her alarm and that's the main reason why she set that tone as her alarm.

She looked at the mobile's home screen which is his recent picture from a photoshoot and it just increased the intensity of her smile. Unlike others, she neither blows a kiss nor kisses the screen. She just smiles.

She stretched her arms while her mobile rang displaying her friend's name. In fact, the only friend she has got.

"Nandini" The voice boomed from the other side once she answered the call.

"Navya...Yaar...Why are you shouting...??" Nandini replied with a yawn.

"Girl...You better get ready and meet me in the office...You know na, we have to leave early in the evening...Have you forgot the big day...??" Navya squealed in frustration.

"No...I didn't forget...It's you who forgot that it's my big day and not yours..." Nandini said while taking her dress for the day.

Navya rolled her eyes hearing that and said "Yeah I know...and I also know it's been your dream from past 5 years and it will become true in next few hours...Godd I'm excited..."

Nandini chuckled and said "Okay...I'll meet you in the office..."

"Bye...Come fast..." She said and cut the call while Nandini stared at her white top that she has taken from the cupboard and then took matching leggings and went to get ready for the day. THE BIG DAY.

Nandini Murthy, an orphan, 23-year-old, completed her graduation in architecture and is doing her intern in a well named company. She was a month old when the nun from 'HAPPY HOME' found her and took her to their orphanage. She named her Nandini, praying that she should bring joy wherever she goes. They arranged a game with few first names written on various slates and let her crawl to touch one and that's how she herself chose her first name, Murthy. She completed schooling with the funds of orphanage and topped her boards, thus getting a scholarship for her graduation from the government and free accommodation in the college hostel itself. She chose B.Arch and finished her graduation, not only with flying colours but also with an offer from the company that she applied for doing internship. Till her graduation, she did her best in saving money by doing various part time jobs and as a tutor. She saved some amount and gave the rest to the orphanage which gave her life. She then, rented a 1BHK with the saved amount and shifted there in the second month of her intern. The persons she faced, right from her schooling, were of hi-bye types and never stayed for long and the only long friendship she has got is Navya from last 9 months. She met her in the intern and got along so quickly with chirpy nature of each other. 3 more months left for their intern and they wished to stay in touch later too.

Nandini never got any weakness that someone can poke her but her only triggering point is her hero whom she found during her graduation. She still remembers the day when her hostel roommate randomly changed the television channels and stopped at some music channel which played a melody that stuck in her mind for so long that she has searched about the music composer in the computer of her college's library. She then got to know that he has turned to act in daily soaps and followed his acts regularly. Soon, it turned out to be huge crush and she used to take print outs of his pictures and the articles about him and save them since she has no mobile by that time. She has literally seen him grow in his career, right from composing music to hero in daily soaps to web series to reality shows and now, his name can be seen everywhere that she turns. She felt proud for standing for him right from the beginning. She got to know from his interviews that he has struggled a lot to reach this point in his career and she admired his hard work and 'never give up' attitude. Unknowingly, he taught her many important values of life and so, she admired him with all she has.

Once she has shifted to her little world of 1BHK which already has a double cot, AC, dressing table in the bed room, an induction stove, washing machine, fridge in the kitchen, a two seater couch with two plastic chairs and a small table in the living room, she started loving the little home a way too much. She pasted her favourite picture of him at the headboard and bought a study table to her bed room.

She rushed out of her apartment as it's time for her metro train and took long steps to reach the station on time. It's a 5-minute walk to station and a 20-minute drive in metro and another 10-minute walk to her office, summing up nearly to 35 to 40-minute travel from her apartment to office, which she got used to.

She plugged in her earphones once she got a seat in the train and rushed towards office once she got down. She chirped a good morning to the security and ran to her cubicle where Navya was already there, looking at the designs they did from a week. She quickly tapped a hi and then took her seat.

"Godd...Nandu...We need to finish the presentation for these designs by evening..." Navya said rubbing her temple.

"Relax...It'll be done..." Nandini said switching on her system.

"We have to leave early Nandu..." Navya reminded her and she replied "Yeah I know...See it's just 8:30...and we have to leave by 5:30...!?"

It sounded more like a question, like it is and Navya immediately shook her head in a no and said "Are you serious...?? He will be there by 6:30 and you are saying we'll start by 5:30?? Do you even have an idea about the traffic at that hour...??"

Nandini shrugged and asked "So...?? At what time...??"

"We must wrap this up by 4:30 and must start by5PM" Navya declared and Nandini nodded saying "Done" and then immersed into herwork.

Ignore mistakes...