46. Lie

"Understood now...??" Manik asked as Nandini rested her head on his chest after their new make out.

"Hmm" She said trying to process whatever happened while tracing her marks on his body.

"Liked it...??" He asked making her blush more and hide in his chest.

"Bolo na...So that I'll know if we can try again or not..." He said and she looked up at him.

"I like this entire journey of exploring each other's comfort and likes and dislikes..." She said kissing him on his chest. He smiled to her answer and pulled her more as she slept and he stared at her for a while before dozing off.

Few hours later, she woke up and looked at Manik who was in deep sleep. She smiled seeing him and got his shirt from her side and went to freshen up. She came out to see Manik sleeping on his stomach, naked upper body with her nail marks that made her blush. She went out to boil the milk for her morning coffee as she knew he wouldn't wake up because of jet lag and tiredness.

After few minutes, she realized she has not switched off her alarm and that would disturb his sleep and rushed towards the room only to see Manik standing with his jeans and vest on, near the study table, his back facing her.

She smiled while moving forward and asked "Aap uth gaye...! Good morn..."

Her words trailed off when he turned to face her with her mobile in his right hand and a file in his left.

"What's all this...??" He asked trying not to freak out.

She gulped before answering "Wo...I..."

He closed his eyes in irritation and asked "When did this happen...??"

"Almost after a week I returned..." She said bending her head down.

He calculated for a moment and asked "You didn't attend my video calls...Was it at that time...??"

She nodded a little and he frowned and asked "You said you lost your mobile...But...this is the same old mobile..."

He found out seeing the scratch on her screen that occurred when it fell down when they were roaming in the streets of Paris.

"You said...some old phone...couldn't talk...and all..." He couldn't form words and waited for her not to tell that one word that could trigger him.

"A lie" She said the word that he dreaded the most making him grit his teeth and close his eyes in anger.

"Why??" He asked in a low tone while his eyes showed pure rage.

"I'm...I'm sorry...I was..." She bent her head down all the time.

"Why??" He asked again in a bit louder tone.

"I was returning from office and got hit by a bike while...crossing the road...It...was...just a hairline fracture for my left hand...Doctor said...bandage for 2 weeks...so...I managed...and...Bhai...Bhai ki koi galthi nai hai...I only asked him not to tell you...I have covered my hand on video call which bhai did..." She said while wiping her tears and he patiently listened.

"Why didn't you tell me...??" He asked trying his best to not to lose his calm.

"It was a small one...Just for 2 weeks...I'm all fine now..." She said looking at him but unable to meet his eyes.

"I asked why didn't you tell me...??" He asked again stressing each word.

She gulped and tried to form words which irritated him to the core and yelled "I asked why didn't you tell me...?? Why did you lie...??"

She closed her eyes and softly yelled "What will you do by knowing...?? Will you come running from abroad...?? Nahi na...?? Toh kyun...?? Then why...??"

He frowned to her answer and said calmly "May be I wouldn't have come running at that moment...and I have never even promised you that...But...The least I could do was...arrange someone to take care of you...You...wouldn't have to do and manage everything all alone..."

She chuckled sadly and said "Bachpan se...Right from my childhood, I was managing all alone...I have managed and I can manage this too by myself..."

He was taken aback by her answer and tried to process it for a moment.

"Oh..." He said thinking for a minute while she looked at him and he continued "So...you just wanted to tell that...you don't need me..."

She gasped in shock and tried to say "Aap galath samaj rahe ho..."

He showed his palm to stop her and said "I'm getting it all right...You just said...You have managed and can manage with or without me...and my...presence or absence...doesn't make any difference..."

She gulped the lump that formed in her throat while wiping her tears and said "Please suniye...You are taking it all wrong..."

"No no no...That's ok...I understand...You just simply stated 'I don't need you'...Fine..." He concluded and walked out of the room and took his hoodie from the living room while she stood rooted in the bedroom.

The sound of door brought her back to her senses and she ran behind him when he was at the door.

"Please meri baath suniye..." She tried to say but he closed his eyes to not to look back and kiss her like he does every time and left closing the door behind him, making her slump on the floor right behind the closed door.

Ignore mistakes...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone...

Sorry couldn't reply to your wishes...

So, a not so good update and that's why I haven't updated yesterday...I didn't want to spoil your first day of new year...

Chillax...They'll be fine...Hope all your confusions are cleared...

Drop in your views/love/scoldings everything in the comment section.