14. Home

Nandini was all smiles when she came back to her cubicle. She tried to chuck all the thoughts and concentrated on her work.

At 6PM, Manik texted 'Coming to pick at office'

She was confused for a second but then replied him '7PM'

'Hmmm...Still angry it seems...' She thought as he didn't reply but left the message seen.

Exactly at 7PM, he dropped another text 'Waiting downstairs'

She packed her stuff and walked towards his car which he parked few meters away from her office building.

None spoke a word and his face was still grumpy making it difficult for her. She gathered courage to talk and said "I...I have seen your interview..."

"Hmm" He said and concentrated on the road.

She licked her lips and took deep breath before saying "I...I have deleted the post..."

He quickly passed a look at her before turning his eyes towards the road while she looked down at her hands on her lap.

"Actually...I didn't post that..." She said and explained what all Dhruv said making Manik more frustrated.

"Trust me...I didn't even check Instagram till afternoon..." Nandini said still looking at her lap. He stopped the car in a street and turned towards her and said gritting his teeth "What do you mean by you don't know...!?? How can you be so careless with all these stuff...What if he has done something with your mobile...?? And why the hell isn't your mobile or apps password protected...??"

She gulped hearing his tone and didn't look at him. She bit her lower lip before saying "Sorry...This will never happen...I'll be careful from now..."

He sighed and shook his head in disbelief thinking that this girl can be sometimes reckless as well.

After 10minutes, they reached her place and entered her flat in silence. He got seated on the couch while she was about to go to freshen up.

"Freshen up and pack whatever you will need for next 2days...We will leave in some time..." He said and she nodded her head without a question.

She went inside and took a quick shower, changed herself into a kurti and palazzo and placed few pairs of clothes and nightwear along with her necessary things in duffel bag and came out in 15minutes while he was going through the tweets under his hashtag which came into trending again after his interview.

"Chale...??" He asked putting his mobile in his pocket and she nodded with a smile saying "Jii"

He took the bag from her hands and walked towards the car. He placed the bag in the back seat and they drove.

She, not even for once, displayed discomfort or curiosity to know where he was taking her. Even after he said it's for 2 days, she didn't question him which showed her respect and trust she has on him and that made him proud.

"If you are still angry, please tell me what to do..." She said sadly since he was silent even after her saying sorry.

He chuckled and said "I'm not angry...but yeah...Please be careful...The world is not as naïve as you are..."

She nodded with a smile and he asked about her project work while she happily explained about the design that she did and yet to be presented.

After an hour drive, they entered into new colony of villas and he stopped inside the 3rd villa as the gates were already opened.

He smiled seeing her and said "Get down..."

Though she was confused, she got down and moved to his side. He wrapped his hand around her shoulder, pulled her closer, bent to her ear level and said "OUR HOME"

Her eyes snapped at him in shock, surprise and what not.

"Come..." He said and pulled her towards the entrance of the house while she was still in shock. He opened the door lock and looked at her with a smile while she had happy tears in her eyes.

Manik entwined his fingers with hers and they both entered into the house together.

"So...Nandu...Registration is done in the morning...and this..." He showed the house with stretched arms and said "is OURS"

Her heart again skipped a beat upon hearing him.

"You asked na...what do I want you to do...!? Now come...I'll tell you..." He said and pulled her with him. He showed the Pooja room which was all set frames of god and the long lamp stands on either sides. He opened the drawer and took out necessary things to lit the lamp and poured oil in the stands. He handed over the match box and said with a smile "Give your part of brightness to our home by lighting the first lamp..."

She smiled brightly and covered her head with her shawl and lit the lamp. They folded hands for a small prayer and came out of the room.

"Let me show you the house..." He said and started from the entrance.

"This is guest hall...Many people might come...So I thought this is necessary..." He showed the first hall which has small cabinet for shoes and sandals and a brown leather couch from his old flat. Next came two steps to enter the Pooja room on left and dining hall to their right where a brown four seater dining table was set. A room at one side and kitchen to the other side of dining hall.

"This is for dining...And that's guest bedroom...That's kitchen...All these furniture is from my old flat...We will re-furnish in some time...and that's living room..." He said and she followed him seeing the spark in his eyes.

A cream colored 4 seater couch, a single seater leather chairs on either side of the couch, LED screen at the TV cabinet distanced from the couch and perfectly made cup boards around the cabinet was the living room. All the walls painted with cream color are neatly matched with the brown cupboards.

"Come...Will go upstairs..." He said and took her to the staircase present between dining room and kitchen. A space between all the rooms upstairs made a small living room again. A small round table with wooden sofa and a carpet underneath finished that space.

There are two rooms on one side and one room at the other side.

"That's second bedroom...Not furnished yet...and that's my gym room..." He said opening the door to show his gym equipment set as per his choice.

He took her to the other side and opened the door saying "And this is main bedroom..."

That was one spacious bedrooms that she has ever seen. A king sized bed placed at the center and two side tables on either side of the bed and neat carpet, a long 4 door cabinet for regular clothes.

"There's walk in closet and that's washroom..." He showed opening the cabinet with a sliding door where his clothes were neatly arranged, a full size mirror and space to get ready making it complete.

"And that's something special..." He said opening the last door in that bedroom which happened to be a small balcony where a very small round table and two plastic chairs were placed.

The breezy wind hit her once he opened the door and her eyes widened in surprise as she saw the beach from the balcony.

"Oh my god" She said slowly and looked at the waves, though far away but clearly visible.

"Like it...??" He asked with enthusiasm and she replied "This...is beyond beautiful..."

Once they got inside, she moved to the glass window on other side of the room where she can see waves from there as well.

"We can put your study table here...so that you can watch waves peacefully while studying or working..." He said showing the imaginary table with both his hands and her eyes snapped again in surprise.

Making her part of his dream house is his way of expressing her importance in his life and he did it.

Ignore mistakes...