22. Second Half

Manik swiftly dozed off when she brushed his hairs with one hand and other resting on his bicep. He woke up when two little drops of water fell on his cheek making him think in his sleep 'Why is it raining inside the house...!!'

He opened his eyes slowly to look around and then at Nandini's face with her red puffy eyes, wiping her last traces of tears. He woke up and sat with a jerk making her face the other side to cover her face.

"What happened...?? Why are you crying...?" He asked genuinely worried.

"Nothing..." She said making him frown and look at the TV where the end card of his movie was displayed.

"Ohhhhh...I understand...You cried watching the climax...?? You are not watching it for the first time Nandu..." He asked in disbelief.

"I didn't cry watching the climax...I cried watching you cry..." She declared sternly and went to the kitchen.

Manik smiled to himself, switched off the TV and went behind her to see her boiling milk.

"Okay...Sorry...Smile now..." He said trying to hold her hand but she moved to place another vessel and started preparing coffee decoction.

"Coffee...!?" He asked and she nodded in yes. She added milk into it and he smelled it closing his eyes and said "Smells good"

She smiled and poured the coffee into a cup and went upstairs while he tailed along. She entered the balcony as expected and he took the seat beside her while she sipped the coffee looking at the waves.

"Been long time..." She said sipping the coffee and he asked "What...?? Coffee...?"

She nodded yes and he said with a smile "After getting habituated to lemon tea...??"

"After getting habituated to you..." She corrected without looking at him.

'Can never win over her words...' He thought while blushing.

They sat in silence till she finished her coffee and the doorbell rang.

"Wait...Let me check..." He said before she could get up and he jogged to open the door.

He didn't return for 15 – 20 minutes and she wondered what took him so long. When she thought to go and check, he came back with a smile and just said "Come..."

She went behind him and they headed towards the terrace where a two seater swing of white color was arranged at the place she pointed the previous day.

"Wow" She uttered and looked at him and he asked "Like it...?? I have ordered last night...Didn't think that they'll bring this quick..."

"Beautiful..." She said touching the rod and carving around the swing, making him smile happily.

She looked at his face that was beaming with happiness and just hugged him tight, placing her head on his heart.

Though shocked with her sudden move, he wrapped his arms around her tiny frame and hugged her tighter.

"Never knew that someone would value my word to this extent..." She said still hugging him.

He let a small smile and said "Just tell me what all you want that someone to do...I'll be that someone and do it for you..."

Her heart swell in happiness that she couldn't stop shedding happy tears and it's not because he is her favorite hero or crush but he is MANIK, as a person, saying those words to her.

He broke the hug after few minutes and cupped her face to place a kiss on her forehead while she looked down. He made her sit on the swing and sat beside her, holding her close to him and said "Never think that I'll not value your words Nandu...Your every word matters to me...Be it be from your mouth or from your eyes..."

She looked at him with her shining eyes and he continued "Not only mine...Even your eyes speak lot of unsaid words..."

She smiled looking down and they sat in silence till it became dark.

They loved the silence and even loved in silence.

It started to drizzle like the previous day and so they went inside. Since they have decided not to waste time for cooking, Manik ordered for food and they settled on the couch waiting for their dinner.

Nandini was resting her head on his chest and was playing with his slender, long fingers of his hand that's wrapped around her shoulder. He was observing her moves while she sometimes measured her little palm against his long one and twisted her lips in surprise.

He just smiled seeing her expressions and sat in silence till their food arrived. They quickly finished dinner while talking about random things about food, new restaurants that Manik tried, new cuisines that he liked and all other things that she didn't know before.

They locked the main door and headed towards bedroom and he hit the bed while she moved to arrange her clothes in her bag.

He frowned and asked "What are you doing...??"

"I will be leaving tomorrow na...I'll forget to keep in hurry...that's why..." She said folding her used night dress.

He felt a pang on his chest realizing that she has to leave and the fact that he can't stop her. He felt a sudden urge to keep her to himself, in his home which he made as their home.

He knew she would stop if he says one word but he doesn't want it that way. He wants it to be proper. He decided that the best way is to communicate but not like this. He didn't want to convey anything to stop her but rightfully make her stay and for that, the night wasn't the correct time he has decided.

"You don't need to take everything...Leave few clothes here..." He said and she smiled placing the unused set of her casuals and a night wear in the cupboard making him smile as well and made her way to the bed.

He sighed when she took her place beside him on the bed and silently wrapped her in his arms to sleep.

She knew he has given her the rights on the house and why not, even on him. But she didn't want to complicate their relation whatever it might be, by saying or asking anything. She was used to go with the flow and she just wants to do the same right then as well.

Amidst the thoughts in their respective minds, they dozed off to wake up for a new beginning.

Ignore mistakes...