57. Pleasure

Next morning,

"Nandu yaar...I'm leaving...Director has called me for some patch works in the dubbing...I have another director appointment as well...Will you manage to go...??" Manik asked while buttoning his shirt up and Nandini just woke up from her sleep.

"Of course...Just do me a favor..." She said rubbing her eyes.

"What...??" He asked strapping his watch.

"Take a dress for me...It's too hard to choose after you helped from past few days..." She said getting down from bed making him chuckle. He quickly moved to her cupboard and took out a lemon yellow and white combination salwar and placed it neatly on the bed. He pecked on her forehead and said "Bye...Take care..."

"Have a nice day..." She said with a smile and bid bye to him as he rushed downstairs.

She took the bus to her office and got engrossed in her work while he worked on the dubbing.

In the afternoon,

At Nandini's office, the office boy has come to her desk and said "Mam, parcel for you at reception..."

She frowned for a second and moved to check who and what it was. She smiled to the sticky note that was on the box which read 'Hope this would bring a smile on your face like it does to me. Packing some of me. Enjoy.'

She smiled to the fullest smelling the aroma of biryani and quickly moved to the place to savor it. She quickly sent a selfie of hers having the biryani with a heart symbol and he smiled seeing the picture.

"You okay Manik...?? You need anything else...??" Asked the senior director when they were having lunch at the restaurant as part of story discussion.

"Umm...Yeah sir...All good...I loved this biryani...Just made me forget about my diet..." He replied pointing to the one he was having and that's the reason he has ordered one to Nandini as well.

"Cool...You know this is my favorite place...and you must try desserts here..." The senior director said and Manik choked hearing the word dessert.

"Relax...Easy Easy my boy..." The director patted on his head and forwarded the glass of water.

Seeing his smiley reply to her selfie, she thought he was free and dialed his number for a quick call.

"Please answer it Manik..." The director said looking at the menu to order dessert for them.

"I Love You..." She said once he answered the call and he gulped looking at the director and pursed his lips.

"hello...Hellooo...Hero sir..." She sang loudly upon getting no reply from him.

"Hmmm" He hmmed to make her understand while controlling his blush and she giggled and asked "What...??Are you with someone...??"

He cleared his throat and said "Yes...With...a...director..."

"Okaayyyy..." She dragged with a mischievous smile and asked "I said I love you...No reply...??"

Manik gulped again and gave a sheepish smile at the director who was looking at him after ordering the dessert.

"Mein bhi..." He replied slowly and she twitched her lips and said "No...Say it..."

He looked here and there and said "I'm having lunch...umm...Can we...just...talk...later...??"

"No...Say it and cut the call..." She demanded thinking that he would cut the call.

On the other side, Manik was stuck with a thought that Nandini has asked him something for the first time and he can't deny it.