6. Movie Offer

Next morning,

Manik woke up to his ringtone which displayed an unknown number to his official number. He sat straight, cleared his throat before answering the call.

"Hello" He answered.

"Hi...Can I speak to Mr.Manik Malhotra please...??" A male voice came from the other end.

"Yeah speaking...May I know who is this...??" He asked politely.

"Mr.Manik...I'm calling from Mehta production house...Actually sir wants to meet you...Can we have your appointment please..." The man asked with full of manners which was liked by Manik.

"Sure sir...I'm free today...I have a night shoot..." Manik replied.

"Great...Even sir wants to meet asap...I will text you the address...Can you please come in an hour if possible..." The man asked and Manik agreed.

He called up Cabir and informed about the meet and got ready. He left to production house and the next few hours were the life changing hours for Manik.

The producer was touched with the struggle and effort Manik has put in his career and since he got a debut director, he wanted to introduce a fresh face to silver screen.

"No compulsion Manik...Listen to the story...We will sign only if you like it..." Mr.Mehta said giving the liberty to Manik and he was touched. The director joined and narrated the script to Manik and he too liked the script as it was rom-com and almost near to the characters he had played on small screen which can help the audience to connect easily. They discussed the crew and Manik didn't feel any lacking in the plan as everything was perfect with the director as well as production house. The producer, who is of his father's age, tapped his shoulder and assured him that he will do his best to make him shine like he is supposed to. He signed the movie and scheduled the shoot after 2 weeks since he has to complete his web series shoot which is ongoing.

He came out of the office in joy as he took the first biggest step of his career and wanted to share with someone who will be as happy as him. His family is an exception for this since they agreed media field only for him, while Cabir will answer strictly professional and questions about the schedules to be taken care of.

His hand instantly moved to the Instagram chat that he had last night and touched the phone number that she has shared. Without thinking twice, he called her and she was in her daily routine, office.

"Hello" She answered and he took a deep breath before saying "Hi...Nandini..."

It didn't take even a second for Nandini to realize who it is. She silently moved out from her cubicle and came to the corridor which is secluded and then answered "Sir...!?"

"Hmm...Yeah...Sorry...Did I disturb you...??" He asked though he don't even know what she does.

"No no sir...I just finished my lunch and was returning to my cubicle..." She answered.

"Oh okay...Umm...Nandini..." He called out slowly while her stomach had butterflies which she never knew existed.

"Yeah Sir..." She said mostly like a whisper.

"Are you...free in the evening...?? I mean can we...can we meet for dinner...??" He asked though he was unsure of what he was doing.

"Sir...But public...They will recognize you...Unnecessary news about you..." She said being concerned and he was taken aback once again by her words.

"That I will take care...Any other problem...??" He asked.

"Umm No sir...It will be 6PM by the time I finish my work..." She said.