3. Glimpse

Time 4:30PM

“Huh…Finally done…” Nandini said with a sigh of relief and looked at Navya with a smile. She too smiled and was checking her mobile while Nandini was packing her things.

“Nanduuu” Navya called out, her voice laced with shock.

“What happened…??” Nandini asked and moved her chair near Navya and peeped into her mobile.

“That restaurant has kept entry pass worth 2000 to enter…” Navya said and Nandini’s face fell up on hearing that.

But then, she said “It’s okay Navya…I just want to have a glance at him…at least from far…that’s enough…”

“But you said…” Before Navya could say anything, Nandini replied “That I said, if we get a chance…I already knew how the crowd will be…So…a small glimpse of him in real is more than enough for me…”

“We will take the passes na…I will pay…You give me later…” Navya insisted since she knew how much Nandini was waiting for this moment. Though it was just few months of friendship, Navya understood her feelings and never complained on her craziness about him.

“No no Navya…Please…This is so special for me…Let it be…I can’t keep thinking that I couldn’t afford to look at my favourite hero’s face on my own…Let me have the satisfaction of seeing him for the first time…” Nandini said and Navya remained silent.

“Let’s leave…” She said and they walked to the metro station. It’s a 45-minute drive from her workplace to their destination and nearly 20-minute distance if they take an auto from there. They rushed into the train and got seats after they stood for 15 minutes.

“God…This damn traffic…” Navya said being irritated once they took an auto and checked her time which showed 6PM.

They reached the venue in next 10 minutes and both stood in utter shock by seeing the gathering.

“Oh my god…I can’t even look anything beyond these faces yar…” Nandini said sadly.

“Just wait here…I’ll check and come…” Navya said and went through the crowd. She spoke with the person standing at the entrance and went to the way he pointed out. She simply paid the cash and got an entry pass and made her way to Nandini.

“Here” She said handing over the pass to her.

“What…!!??? Why did you do this…??” Nandini started but Navya cut her off saying “Just shut up Nandu…I said na, I’ll take it from you…Give 500 per month…Okay…?? Stop your stupid logics…and please for god sake, don’t miss this opportunity…See…You can’t even see anything from here…Just go inside and have a clear look at your hero…”

“But you…??” She asked and Navya raised her hands and said “You know na I’m not that big fan of this field…It’s just for you I came till here…So, I will wait in that coffee shop and you just gape at your hero for all the time you have got for now…Now go…”

Nandini hugged her tightly and moved closer to the entrance and showed her entry pass while the person pointed towards the dining area where few people are already waiting.

Time 6:30PM

“Cabir…It’s already 6:30 bro…” Manik said and looked at the traffic.