9. Sleep Over

After 20 minutes, there was a door bell and Nandini ran to the door in confusion. A food delivery guy handed over the parcel and left. She frowned looking at the parcel and closed the door. She turned around to find Manik glaring at her.

She looked at him, visibly scared by seeing him glare.

"It's nearly 10...And you opened the door just like that...!?? Without checking...?? Having two big round eyes won't be sufficient...You should use one of them to check from the key hole..." He said and took the parcel from her and continued "What if it was someone dangerous...!!??"

"Aap ho na mere sath..." She said and took the parcel from his hands again and sat on the couch while he stood still, hearing her and she was unaware of the emotions that got created in his heart with her words.

She opened the parcel which happened to be cups of ice cream and she looked at him with happy eyes to which he smiled.

"Even last time we didn't have dessert na...That's why ordered...and I don't know which flavor you like...So, I have ordered my favorite..." He said making his way to sit on the couch.

"Whatever you like, that's my favorite..." She said taking the spoon and passing the cup to him.

"What...??" He asked with surprise and she nodded saying "Haa...I don't even know any food other than the ones we were served in orphanage...I got to see your fitness interview in which you said about your favorites and I started to cook them once I moved in here...I haven't tasted any items other than those you mentioned...and recipes from the great youtube..."

She chuckled while saying and took her cup to eat while he smiled looking at her. Hearing her open up made sense to him when she said she hasn't been to any restaurant before, she doesn't know how to doll up or impress someone.

They finished their ice cream and his eyes couldn't stop shutting.

"You can stay here tonight..." She said doubtfully looking at his tired face.

"Of course...I can't drive like this...I'm too sleepy..." He said and made his way towards her room.

She smiled seeing him being comfortable in her home and moved behind him. By the time she entered her room, he was sitting on the bed resting his back to the headboard.

"Come" He said casually tapping the other side of the bed and her heart fluttered.

Her cheeks turned pink when she made her place beside him and once she sat on the bed, he laid his head on her lap making her have butterflies in her stomach.

She was too shocked to react and he himself took her hand and placed it on his hairs and passed a look at her. She smiled and brushed his thick hairs slowly and he closed his eyes.

He moved in his sleep making her pat him back to sleep. After sometime, he moved away from her lap and she rested her back on bed, still staring at him, resting her head on her hand supported by her elbow. She couldn't even think to blink her eye as if the fairy will vanish if she does.

Her alarm rang and before she could switch off, he tried opening his eyes. She tapped her forehead for not switching off the alarm and disturbing his sleep.

"I'm...I'm sorry...I forgot to off the alarm..." She said slowly, mentally scolding herself while he passed his charming smile and stretched his hands, still lying on the bed.

"Good morning" He said with morning husky voice which made her heartbeat higher.

His sleepy eyes, ruffled hair, a 2-day stubble made him look more handsome and she couldn't believe that she is witnessing it in real. He snapped his fingers in front of her face and she came back to reality and said "Goo...Good morning..."

He frowned seeing her eyes red.

'Was she scared to even close her eyes that I may do something...' A random thought passed his mind but then he asked "You didn't sleep whole night...??"

She chuckled while getting out of the bed and said "I won't get this chance daily...The star won't come and sleep in my room every night...So I was staring at the prettiest star I have ever seen..."

It was his turn to have butterflies in his stomach and he wondered how she sweeps him off his feet with just mere words. She made her way towards the restroom and came out after brushing.

He blushed to her words and sat on the bed while she came and forwarded a new brush to him.

"Freshen up" She said and he took the brush from her hand.

She went out and boiled the milk and upon hearing the door, she placed water to boil for a minute. She then placed a lemon tea bag in the cup of hot water and gave to him.

"Aap ki lemon tea..." She said and before he could ask how does she know about his morning routine, she said "You have mentioned it in the same fitness interview..."

"Oh" He said with a smile and sipped his lemon tea and she came with a cup of coffee.

He drank half of the cup and kept aside checking his mobile for any messages or calls.

"Umm Nandu...I have to leave...I will have to go to my place and then to shoot..." He said standing up from the couch and she followed him.

"Okay" She said slowly while he moved towards the door wearing his hoodie. She handed his car keys to which he smiled.

She smiled and opened her mouth to say something but stopped herself. He passed a small smile and said "Don't worry...I will text once I reach..."

She smiled seeing him and he took a step back again and placed her feather kiss on her forehead to which she closed her eyes while the butterflies were back again.

"Bye" He whispered and walked out as she wasn't in a state to respond.

She smiled from ear to ear while closing the door and came back to the couch. The home felt ultra-special after he visited and gave memories for a lifetime. She looked at his half-drunk cup and thought she has served him more than his usual drink.

She went to get ready for her office and he pinged her once he reached his home and then to his sets while she responded that she reached her office.

Ignore mistakes...