5. Instagram

Manik took out his personal mobile and searched 'Nandini' in Instagram and it showed number of profiles. He then recalled her saying her last name and so he searched 'Nandini Murthy'. He has got few profiles and tried checking them. He found an account Nandini_M which has a display picture of pencil art.

'Same username like mine' He thought as his personal username is Aarav_M. He thought for some time whether he was going off track and doing something unreasonable but then her unique nature that got fixed in his brain and heart said other things. Sighing to his inner battle, he sent a follow request since her account is private.

Nandini reached home happily, having the constant smile and went to freshen up. She came back changing into her night dress and took out the autograph and moved her fingers over his writing, with a wide smile and just then her phone beeped showing a new follow request from Aarav. She frowned looking at it and ignored thinking it as some random guy.

Manik waited for an hour but there was no sign of her approval for his follow request and he realized that she will not accept random requests and so he tried to message her.

'Hi. This is Manik.'

Nandini frowned seeing her dm in instagram though she still has the option to block or accept the message request. "These guys" She thought and rolled her eyes thinking about the cheap tricks that they play. She was about to block the contact but her phone rang with Navya's name on display.

She called to inform that she has reached home and they spoke for few minutes before cutting the call.

"God...How to make her believe...!!" Manik thought and found only one way. He took his professional account and searched for her account and opened it to message her but found her messages which were sent few weeks back. He scrolled up and all were birthday wishes from past 5 years and congratulations messages for success of his every project. No other love you or creepy messages. He smiled and then sent her a 'Hi'

Nandini cut the call and was about to block the contact, got the shock of her life.

"Whatttttt....!!!!!!!!" She exclaimed to herself, rubbed her eyes twice, went to wash her face again and came back to see the message and pinched herself to come out of the dream if it is.

The message showed 'Seen 4m ago' and Manik became restless thinking 'Did I overdo!!'

Just when he was rethinking his decision, Nandini came to her senses and replied to his message with shivering hands 'Hi Sir. Hope I'm not dreaming'

He got relieved seeing her message and a small smile crept over his face.

'No you are not. Can you please accept my follow request. I can't text from my professional account' He replied back.

She thought for a second and realized the follow request was really from Manik and she immediately accepted the request from Aarav, followed back and texted 'Sorry Sir. Didn't really think that it can be you.'

'No problem Nandini' He replied from his personal account.

She got stuck on what to text back as it was more than a dream for her while he too was not in a state to think on how to converse further.

'Um. Thanks for the autograph sir' She texted and he replied 'My pleasure 😊'

'Sir. I actually don't use insta much. I might miss your messages. So, 9xxxxxxxx9 is my phone number. Don't take me wrong sir.' She texted making his eyes go wide.

"Is this girl even real...!! There are girls who would stay awake if I text them and here this girl is saying she might miss my messages...!! And who on earth gives their personal number on the first chat itself...!! That too to an actor...!! Does she trust me so much...!?" His thoughts wandered everywhere but forgot to reply her.

"Was I too straight forward...!!" She thought getting no reply from him and kept the phone aside and looked at the autograph with a smile.

That's how Nandini is. A simple girl who will be on cloud nine when her dream fulfils but cannot take if something more of a dream happens. She still believes it's just a dream and will vanish if she wakes up.

"Why can't I forget her...!?? Okay, she is my first autograph...That doesn't mean I keep thinking about her and what's wrong with you Manik...!?? Why did you search for her...and why did you text her...!?? That too from your professional account...!! What if she shares the screenshots...!??" His mind questioned while his heart answered "No...She can't...She won't...Trust me..."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes to sleep but couldn't. He opened Instagram and gone through her profile which has 24 posts and the first one was the video to which he composed music. Other posts have his next projects and her review on them like 'Soothing music; Realistic'. He also found a post on his character he played just because the director is friend and she captioned 'Unnecessary'. There are also posts congratulating him when he reached 500K followers and then 1M and now 2M on Instagram. She celebrated his every milestone in her way.

Ignore mistakes...