65. Protective

"I think you must try that restaurant...You will like it..." Nandini said to Manik before going to take a shower after returning from office.

"Uhumm..." He said and she forwarded her mobile and said "We have taken lot of pictures...See...I'll be back..."

He sighed and opened her gallery and scrolled through the pictures of her team lunch and zoomed, stared at few pictures.

"You are still seeing those pictures...!!" Nandini said coming out from washroom after 10 minutes. She went to apply her body lotion and looked at Manik who has frown on his face and was deeply analyzing the pictures.

"What happened...??" She asked moving towards him and he showed a picture and pointed towards Dhruv and asked "He was the one who posted your picture on Instagram without your knowledge right...???"

She looked at the picture and nodded with a smile and replied "Haan...Wo hi...Dhruv...My team lead...and he apologized to me so many times for that..."

"Hmmm...How is he...?? I mean...his qualities..." Manik asked trying to be normal even after seeing him stand close to her in all the pictures.

"He is a sweet guy...and he is so helpful...whenever I get stuck at any point of work, he will always be there to help..." Nandini replied taking her place on the bed.

"Only you or everyone...?? I mean...helpful..." He asked taking her into his embrace.

"Everyone...He leads the team perfectly...He helps and makes everyone comfortable..." She said laying her head on his chest.

"How does he behave with girls...??" Manik asked and Nandini looked at him with a frown to which Manik replied with a shrug "Just asking..."

"He is well mannered...Never talks too much but he will be friendly with everyone...Not that introvert types...He doesn't flirt...but just compliments..." She said making Manik's insides stir a little.

"Did he ever compliment you...???" He asked and Nandini suppressed her smile and looked at him and pulled his cheeks and said "Ohhh my cutuuuu hero...You are possessive...huh...??"

"No...I'm not...I just wanted to know the people around you...Tum toh...You just think everyone is good just like you...And a guy's intentions will be well understood by another guy...And yeah...I'm not being possessive...I'm just being protective...because I know you...and just wanted to know if you can deal with the guy in case needed..." Manik explained and Nandini smiled to her fullest and placed a kiss on his cheek.

Manik smiled and then said "I wanted to tell you something..."

Nandini waited for him to continue and he said "You know na...My current movie and next one is from same production house..."

She nodded and he continued "So...Heard that they are in thoughts to consider someone else for next movie...replacing me..."

"Ohhh...okk..." She said and looked at him not knowing what to say.

"Hmm...That's what bothering me from few days...I feel like...I'm losing opportunity...like I'm replaceable so easily..." He said and she cupped his cheek to explain "Never think that you are being replaced...See when you rejected few stories, what did you say...?? You said you will not be suitable for those roles though stories are good...Hai na...?? The same way...They might have felt someone might suit that character better though you are good at what you do...They have their own opinions na...like you have...That doesn't mean you are lesser than someone..."

"Hmm...I think you are right..." Manik said rubbing on her arm.

"See...Whenever you lose something, there are much bigger and better things waiting for you...Just go with the flow..." She said earning a quick kiss from him.