8. Dinner

PC: Insta

PC: Insta

Definitely not the inspiration for this story but came across my insta feed and felt like, this will vanish the slight unreal kind of feeling while reading the story...

..........................

As expected, Manik's shoot was done around 7 and he quickly moved to his car after dropping a message to Nandini saying that he has started.

She has already reached home after attending the HR interview and started preparing dinner of his favorite dishes as far as she knows.

She was making chapattis when the doorbell rang. She quickly reduced the temperature of induction stove and washed her hands and opened the door after wiping her hands to the apron she was wearing.

His eyes widened for a brief second seeing her in so casual form and she made way for him to enter.

"Sorry for troubling you..." She said once he entered her flat and she closed the door behind them.

"Nope...Not at all...Why do you think so...??" He asked placing his bag on the couch in living room.

"You look so tired..." She said slowly.

He stretched his arms after getting seated on the couch and said "Yeah...A bit...shooting right from the morning...I have to drive more if I have to go to my place and get freshen up...So I directly came here from shoot..."

She ran inside the kitchen and got him a glass of water but he nodded in a no and said "I want to take a shower very badly...I won't have anything till then..."

Nandini smiled seeing the disciplined kid in front of her and said "Sure sir...This way..."

He chuckled to her response and he followed her with his bag of clothes that he usually carries in his car. She handed him a fresh towel and he thanked her. She closed the room's door and ran to the kitchen to finish preparing dinner before he comes.

He took a warm shower with the body wash that he carried and moved in to his comfy clothes. He wiped the back of his hair and then his eyes roamed around the room that he was standing in. He smiled seeing his large photograph at the headboard, neatly taped.

He moved towards her study table where a two racks of books are kept. One set of her architecture books and others seemed to be normal. His eyes fell on a scrap book of his recent pictures. His hands moved towards the first drawer and saw few more scrap books which has his pictures from long time. Right from his first picture to till date, from his first interview to recent one, she has all neatly pasted them in her books. He saw the autograph book that she kept safely and he smiled seeing it. He looked around and thought 'She indeed has a lot of pictures of mine like she said'. The room felt like his own more than hers.

His thoughts broke when she knocked on the door asking "Dinner ready"

He smiled rubbing his nape and opened the door to see her removing the apron.