44. Manager

Next two days were normal with each other's routine and neither spoke about the serious discussion that they had the day before. Manik conveyed what he wants to convey making Nandini grasp the necessary answers and he don't want to prolong the conversation by digging into it deeper.

Other day, when Manik had time to video call her, she was in the office and when she returned, he was busy in his shoot. The other two days went with only audio calls and irregular messages and voice notes.

The other night, Manik video called her to have a look at her as it's been 2 days since they have seen each other, she gulped looking at the call.

'God...!! No...I can't attend the call...' She thought and pressed it silent.

He tried again and dozed off after dropping a good night text thinking she might have slept being tired.

Manik got busy with the shoot the next day but was constantly checking his mobile if she has replied or called back. His Whatsapp messages were left with single tick making him more frustrated.

Once he got time, he dialed her number and she attended.

"God Nandu...Are you alright...!?" He asked breathing a sigh of relief.

She cleared her throat and said "umm...Yeah...I...I'm alright...Why...? What happened...!?"

"I was just...just...chalo chodo...Attend my call...I want to see you...It's been 3 days..." He said and before he could cut the call, she interrupted "Suniye suniye...Wo...Actually..."

"Nandu...Kya hua...??" He asked sensing that she was hesitating about something.

"Ummm...Wo...I can't..." She said thinking of an excuse.

"Why...??In office...??It's already 9PM..." He said looking at the Indian time in his mobile.

"Nahi...Wo...I...Ha...I have lost my mobile..." She said crossing her fingers and he frowned.

"What...!?" He asked being confused.

"I...I mean...I lost my mobile...last night...when I was...returning...Wo...I...I had an old basic phone...I'm using that now...I have...I have taken the same number in the morning...It...got activated just some time back...That...That's why..." She said wiping off her sweat that formed because of lying to him.

Though Manik sensed something wrong, he gave in to her words and asked "Okay...Relax...I will call Cabir to get you a new mobile..."

"No" She immediately squealed making him wonder and she covered it saying "I mean...Bhai kyun...I...I will go and get one tomorrow..."

"Okay...Just give me a call whatever the time it is...I want to see you..." He said and spoke about their respective works and how the day went before cutting the call.

'Uff...Thank god...But what will I do tomorrow...!!' She thought leaving her crossed fingers.

"That's why I said I will send with Cabir...I know you will be busy and will not get time to go and buy..." Manik said in a disappointing tone the next day when Nandini said she was unable to buy a new mobile as it became late in the office.

"Tomorrow...Pakka...Promise..." She made an excuse and he gave in and continued with the normal call.

The next morning, Cabir called Nandini.

"Little one...Have you started to office...!?" He asked once she answered the call.

"No...Bhai...Still at home...Woke up just now..." She said getting up from bed.

"Okay" He said and cut the call making her frown.

15 minutes later, her doorbell rang and she opened the door. Cabir's eyes widened in shock looking at her.

"What the hell...!?? Little one...!??" He asked in shock.

"Bh...Bhai...Please...Relax...Come and sit..." She tried to calm him down.

"Care to explain...??" He asked sitting beside her and she explained.

"Manik was right...He kept on saying that something is wrong...But still he believed in what you said...He asked me to get you a new mobile since it's been 4 to 5 days you guys had a video call..." Cabir kept ranting looking at her while she made a pout face.

"Bhai...Please bhai...Don't tell him..." She pleaded.

"But how...?? He has asked me to video call once I meet you..." Cabir said rubbing his forehead.

She thought for a moment and did her best to be presentable on call and said "Ab...!??"

Cabir rolled his eyes and Nandini pleaded "Please bhai...Don't tell him...Just matter of another week...Let me manage...Please...He will get disturbed bhai..."

"Fine" He said giving in to her pleads and quickly made a video call.

"Huh...Finally...Nandu..." Manik's eyes glowed after seeing her and she smiled seeing him. It was hard for her as well to not to see him and avoid his calls but she was helpless.

"All good...!??" He asked and she replied a yes.

"Cabir...What happened...??" Manik asked seeing Cabir lost in thoughts and Nandini nudged him with her elbow and he said "Umm...Nothing Manik...All good...She is fine...Okay...I have some important work...I have to leave...Little one...Call him from your NEW mobile..."

Cabir stressed the word making Nandini pass a sheepish smile and cut the call.

"Thanks bhai..." She said while giving back his phone and the new one as well.

"I will not come to your rescue if he finds out the truth...You should be the one handling him..." Cabir declared and left the place after saying a 'take care'.

As Nandini said, she managed the other week till she has no need to lie and back to normal. Another 10 days left to Manik's return and he informed the same once his tickets got confirmed.

'Come soon Mr.Hero...I have lots to tell you...' She thought looking at her wallpaper.

The next day, she called Cabir having a plan in her mind.

"What...?? No way little one" Cabir straight away denied her request.

"Bhai...If you don't take me, I'll go by myself to any random one...Your wish..." She said in a determined tone.

"God...This stubborn girl...Little one...It'll hurt...A lot..." He tried convincing her.

"I'm asking you for one last time...Are you taking me or not...!?" She asked before he agreed and cut the call.

Cabir made a grumpy face all through the ride and asked before she entered the place "Are you sure...??"

"Yes" She said for the last time and went inside making Cabir pray to god that Manik shouldn't chop him into pieces after getting to know that he helped her all through the while. 

Ignore mistakes...

So keep guessing in comments...

What/Why did Nandini lie...?? Where did Cabir take her...??

175 comments to get your next update tomorrow...