67. Rest

Hearing her door open, Manik woke up from the dining table as he dozed off laying his head on it.

"Nandu...Are you okay...?? Kuch chahiye tumhe...??" He asked in a tone of concern and went towards her.

She blinked her eyes and asked "Aap...why are you still here...?? Didn't you sleep...?? It's already mid night..."

He sighed and said "I thought you might need me...So...just stayed here...Tell me...You need anything...??"

"Water..." She said showing the empty water bottle. He smiled and took it from her and said "You sit...I'll get it...Waise...You haven't eaten anything...Want to have something...??"

"Umm...I don't feel like eating..." She said slowly and gulped down the water and asked "Did you eat anything...?"

He nodded in a no and replied "Just dozed off unknowingly..."

"Rukiye...I'll prepare something..." She said and was about to get up.

"Hello hello...Hold on...I'll prepare...Just wait..." He said stopping her from getting up and before she could say something, he just pecked on her lips hardly and went to the kitchen while she smiled amidst her blush.

He quickly prepared bread omelette for both of them and came back to her while she laid her head on the table.

"Tired...??" He asked and she sat straight nodding her head in yes and tried to smile normally. He fed her and ate in between without any words.

"Aap room mein jaake so jayiye...I'm fine...Just go and sleep in the room..." She said once they were done and he understood she wants to be alone and that's why she asked him to leave before he could say something.

He nodded and she wished him good night and closed her door while he came back with a pillow and blanket and laid on the couch in the living room.

In the morning, Nandini came out after freshening up and was surprised seeing Manik sleeping on the couch with an evident frown on his face.

She knelt near him and touched his hair and it was obvious that he was dead tired and slept even in an awkward position on the couch. Feeling someone's presence, he opened his eyes slowly and immediately sat straight seeing Nandini.

"Are you okay...??" He asked and she sighed with a smiled and said "Good morning...and I'm much better now...Why were you sleeping here...??"

He stretched his hands and legs and yawned making her have butterflies like always. His morning face is her weakness which he never knew.

"Thought to be near you if you need something in the middle of the night..." He said ruffling the back of his hairs.

"Go and sleep now...I'll go to office..." She said and he frowned and said "No way...Stay back...for two days...You are not going anywhere..."

"Par..." She tried to say something but he cut her off in between and said "Nandu...Please...I'm neither in a mood to argue nor convince...So please...Just stay back..."

Seeing his tired eyes, she understood he too needs rest and didn't want to prolong the conversation and shrugged saying "Fine..."

"Maa asked you to call her when you feel better...Talk to her...I'll take a shower and come..." He said taking the pillow and blanket with him.

"Jii" She said and saw him going upstairs and dialed his mother's number.

"Nandini beta...Kaisi ho...?? Are you okay now...??" She asked once she saw Nandini's number.

"Jii Maa...I'm much better now...Just a bit severe cramps..." Nandini replied sitting on the couch.

"Beta...Is this your first time or your cramps will be this severe every time...?? Our doctor asked about it..." Anjali asked.

"Nahi Maa...Back pain will be there for first 2 days but this is the first time it was this severe..." She replied.

Anjali thought for a second and said "Bacha...Doctor advised to visit a gynaecologist if this is your first time...Just take an appointment and visit for a check-up beta..."

"Okay Maa..." Nandini agreed though she felt it was unnecessary as it was normal to have period cramps.

"Don't neglect beta...and ha...one more thing..." Anjali said and she replied "Jii Maa"

"Don't take me wrong Nandini...When you are going to hospital, just go alone...I mean...don't take Manik with you...Bacha...If you get snapped with Manik at a gynaecology clinic, it would just lead to unnecessary rumors...You are getting my point right...??" Anjali said making sure that she doesn't hurt her.

"Jii...Jii Maa...I understand...I'll go alone...Don't worry...I'll call you once my check-up is done..." Nandini replied.

"Did I say something wrong beta...??" She asked.

"No no no Maa...I can understand..." Nandini said with a smile and they cut the call after she gave few advises to Nandini on what to eat.

Meanwhile, Manik called his director to inform that he can't come for next two days.

"Sir...I'm feeling a bit tired and I don't think I can make it up for tomorrow as well...Is that fine...??" He asked crossing his fingers for lying.

"Ohh...It's okay sir...Take rest...I'll manage with other shots for these 2 days...You rest well and come back with your energy..." The director said going through the schedule and noting the calls that he has to make for the changes in next 2 days.

"Thank you so much sir..." Manik said with a smile and the director reciprocated the same before cutting the call. The director then called the heroine Sameera, who happened to be his best friend as well, to inform about the schedule while she asked "Did you discuss with him what I've told...??"

The director sighed and replied "I haven't...Will talk to him once he is back...But still...Is it necessary...?? Just think once..."

"Do as I say...That will help for our promotions...and movie's success as well..." She replied and cut the call.

Manik came down to see Nandini still at the same place and was thinking something deeply.

"Nandu...All okay...??" He asked.

"Haan...Spoke with Maa..." She said and he sat beside her.

"Oh...What did she say...??" He asked.

"She asked me to go for a regular check-up since cramps were severe for the first time...Pinged Bhai if he has any contacts..." She replied and just then her mobile notified a message from Cabir with contact details of best gynaecologist.

She replied a thanks and said to Manik "I'll take an appointment for tomorrow..."

He nodded and she made a call to the hospital and booked herself an appointment.

Once the call was done, Manik said "I have ordered food...Relax..."

She smiled and sat beside him and they talked about each other's days that they missed when Manik was outdoor. He shared about his shoots and she told about her project works and had their brunch and moved to the guest room.

"You want me to stay here or I can leave to our room if you want to be alone..." He said and she smiled saying "I want to be in your arms for now..."

He smiled and happily took her in his arms while lying on the bed and the rest of the day went with resting for some time, speaking about random things, Manik helping her to cook the dinner and good night wishes.

Ignore mistakes...

Compensation for breaking your hearts stating about the end of story... :)

P.S. Can't wait to show you next update...and the story ends at part 75 with no epilogue...