38. Spice

Friday,

Manik made a face when Nandini swiftly moved from his grip out of the bed once they woke up. She giggled seeing him and took the outfit for the day.

"I'm going to have a shower" She said to gain his attention but he twitched his lips in annoyance as he didn't get his morning kiss.

"Hero sir...I'm going for a shower..." She stressed the word but he was too grumpy to catch the hint and she rolled her eyes.

"Are you listening...??" She asked and he sighed and said "I'm not deaf"

"Yeah right...Just tube light..." She murmured making him frown.

It was when she moved to the restroom, Manik realised why was she repeating about shower. He quickly moved towards the door and knocked saying "Nandu...Sorry..."

Upon getting no response, he knocked again and said "You were right...I'm the biggest tube light...Now open the door na..."

"It should be locked to open..." She said loudly and he smiled widely opening the door where she stood in her bathrobe.

He cupped her chin like always and kissed her to the fullest. Their clothes hit the floor as he made their way into the shower.

After an hour, as he moved out wiping his wet hairs, she tied her bathrobe blushing to the core.

"Any help in changing...?? You know I can help very well..." He said with a wink.

"That I know..." She said slowly and put on her top while he took his T-shirt to wear. They went to meet Cabir who sarcastically commented "I thought you would come for lunch"

"Not at all funny" Manik said in annoyance and they quickly moved for their visit of the day.

After an eventful last day visit, they came back to a restaurant and ordered for dinner. It was served while they spoke about all the random topics.

Manik tasted a dish and moved it aside from Nandini and she stretched her hand to get the bowl. He stopped her hand while sipping water from his glass and nodded in a no.

Cabir frowned as Nandini pouted with Manik's denial on tasting the dish. He took the bowl from Manik and kept near Nandini.

"Cabir" Manik tried to say something but Cabir stopped him saying "Let her have what she wants...Tu kha le beta..."

Nandini smiled widely as Cabir served her and Manik again tried to say "Cabir listen"

"You listen to me...You can't tell her what to eat and what not to...Just shut up..." He warned making Manik nose flare in anger and it increased when Nandini ate it looking at him.

Manik counted 5 in his mind and as expected, Nandini gasped loud as her tongue burned with spice.

"Oh my god" Cabir panicked and passed on the water while Manik stared at the duo.

She drank 2 glasses of water but the spice didn't subside making Manik roll his eyes. Her eyes watered as she coughed twice and Manik left the place while Cabir brought another glass of water.

Manik came back with a scoop of ice cream and forwarded the spoon to her and she ate it quickly. Three spoons down, she felt better making Cabir sigh in relief.

"I'm sorry...Sorry little one..." Cabir said keeping his hand on her head as Manik fed her ice cream.

"You could have stopped her Manik..." Cabir said and Manik plainly replied "Didn't I...??"

Nandini snapped at him and bent her head down and continued to eat while Cabir shook his head in disbelief.

"You should have warned her about the spice..." Cabir replied.

"When Manik Malhotra says something, there will always be a reason behind it...That you guys must have known by now...And by the way, you didn't let me complete when I was about to warn..." Manik said wiping his hands with the tissue and then looked at Nandini and asked "Better...??"

She nodded slowly and bent her head down.

"Shall we make a move then...?" Manik asked getting up from his seat.

They moved towards their hotel and Cabir excused himself for taking a call. Manik and Nandini moved into the elevator and Manik was leaning on to the side as it moved up.

"Aap..." Nandini tried to speak as he was silent all through the ride. He turned towards her hearing her speak and she continued "Aap gussa ho...??"

He sighed and asked "What do you think...??"

She gulped and said "I'm sorry...I should have listened to you..."

"I asked what do you think...?? Am I angry...??" He asked a bit sternly.

"Yeah" She said slowly looking at his feet.

"How do you know...??" He asked and she said pointing towards his feet "You tap your feet when you are angry..."

He hid his smile and said "Good that you know..."

The elevator doors opened and he walked towards their room followed by her.

They refreshed one after other and Manik was leaning on the bedrest waiting for her. He stretched his hand as she moved towards him. She smiled a little and placed her head on his chest.

"Sleep...You look so tired..." He said pecking on her forehead.

"Can we just sort this out please...?? I can't sleep peacefully knowing that you are angry..." She said in a pleading tone.

He sighed and replied "It's not about being angry Nandu...You should know that I'll never stop you from doing anything...I can never think of controlling your life...Whatever happened was just a sample...Just know that, I'll be there beside you, will warn you about the troubles but will never stop you from discovering things...It's your call to take the decision after I warn...But...trust me when I say this...if your decision messes up, I'll be there to clear it out..."

She nodded her head taking all his words into her little brain.

"Don't stress your brain...I'm fine until you understand my intentions..." He said and pecked her lips and then her forehead.

She smiled and closed her eyes as he brushed her hairs to sleep while he stared at his sleeping beauty.

Ignore mistakes...

100 comments for next update...🤗