68. Destiny

The next day, Manik came down after getting ready to accompany Nandini to the hospital.

"Aap shoot pe jaa rahe ho...??" She asked once he saw Manik at the dining table.

"No...Coming with you...To hospital..." He said strapping his watch.

"What...?? No..." She squealed making him frown and said "Relax...What happened...??"

"I mean...It's a gynaecology hospital...I...I don't feel comfortable...Please...I'll go alone..." She pleaded.

He was tongue tied since she said she will be uncomfortable and sighed saying "Are you sure...?? Can you manage alone...?? I can drop and wait for you outside at least..."

"No no...that's not needed...I can manage...I'll take a cab..." She said looking everywhere but him.

"Acha chalo...Where's your mobile...?? Will book cab..." He said and she looked into her bag and said "I think I kept in the room...Just a second..."

She kept her bag on the table and went inside to search while he took it out from his back pocket and called her after few minutes saying "It's here only...Come..."

She sighed arranging the pillows that she disturbed because of her search and came out to take the mobile from him and bid bye to him taking the bag after her cab arrived.

"Haan Maa...I'm going alone...I told him that I'll be uncomfortable if he comes...He got ready to come actually...Jii...I'll call you once I'm back..." Nandini replied to Anjali in the cab and cut the call.

"Miss Nandini Murthy" The nurse called out and Nandini was guided towards the gynaecologist cabin where she was welcomed by mid-40-year-old doctor with a warm smile.

"Please take a seat" The doctor said and the nurse handed over the reports of the tests that were taken and she gone through them.

"Are you married...??" She asked and Nandini replied "No"

"Having any sexual intercourse...??" She asked while looking at the reports and when she was greeted with silence, she looked at Nandini and asked "It will help to know the cause..."

Nandini slowly said "Umm...We are living together..."

The doctor understood the meaning and asked "How frequent will be your intercourse...??"

Nandini pressed her lips for a second and answered "Once in 2 or 3 days...We...We haven't had from past 2 weeks..."

"Okay...Are you on pills...?? Or have you consumed pills recently...??" She asked examining the bladder scan.

"Not on continuous pills...But yeah, I have taken them for last 3 to 4 times..." Nandini answered.

She asked more questions about previous cramps and bleeding while Nandini answered with much nervousness of being alone.

Many thinks that girls need to be assisted when they were walking alone or going to a new place but all a girl needs is a hand to hold when she was questioned by a doctor at her vulnerable time.

"Miss Nandini...I don't see any clots or fibroid as of now but I can't assure the same in future...There are possibilities if you continue taking pills...and that can affect your chances of conceiving...Side effects of contraceptive pills...This cramps and heavy bleeding happened because of pills that your body couldn't take...Why don't talk to your fiancé and plan for it better...??" The doctor placing her reports on the table but Nandini stayed mum.

"Look Nandini...I don't have any rights to tell you what and when to do in your life...I can only suggest few things as a doctor...See...You are young...I can understand your generation...You can live your life but not at the cost of losing motherhood...I have seen such cases who lost the ability to conceive just because of over intake of pills..."

They were interrupted by a knock at the door and the doctor permitted the nurse to come in.

"Sorry to disturb doctor...Mrs. Swarna Agarwal has come for her regular check-up and is waiting..." The nurse informed and the doctor nodded her head in acknowledgement and said "Few minutes please"

"Sure doctor" The nurse said and left.

The doctor then turned to Nandini and continued "See...My senior doctor used to take care of this case of Mrs. Swarna Agarwal...You might be knowing the top most business tycoon Mr. Late Yug Raichand...She is his only daughter...Only heir to his empire...Married to Mr.Agarwal nearly 20 years back...Being so enthusiastic and involved in business, they didn't want to have kids and she was on continuous pills...and that gradually reduced her chances to conceive...When they wanted to have kids, she couldn't...Since my senior retired, I was the one who operated her 7 years back and removed her uterus and fibroid which was toxic and equal to cancer...She completely lost her motherhood and was on her regular check-ups till now...She could have gone into depression because of that grief...They have everything that they ask for...Money, name, fame and all but no happiness...Well...I wouldn't be discussing about my patient's history but I wanted to place you an example Nandini...Think and act accordingly...Prescribing you few medicines and follow proper diet for haemoglobin..."

Nandini took few minutes to process what all the doctor and nodded her head in yes.

If only the doctor knew that it wasn't only the pills that took away Swarna's motherhood but her karma that hit her back in the worst possible way. Karma for believing a coward in her early 20s, karma for involving in a physical relation with him, karma of ignorance that she couldn't find out that she was pregnant until she ran out of time, karma of delivery a baby girl having no other option and leaving the 12 day old little one on the pavement owing to their reputation, karma of all the tears that the girl has shed all her life knowing that she was unwanted, karma of hiding all these to a loving husband.

It wasn't the grief but her guilt that was killing her from inside for listening to her father and abandoned her child. She couldn't share this to her husband fearing that he might hate her for being so stone hearted. Seeing his only daughter suffer with the worst pain, Mr.Raichand too suffered his part and couldn't even have a peaceful death few years back. The only person who wasn't involved but was suffering is Mr.Agarwal. May be he had his part of mistakes done without his knowledge like against adoption and wanted a child of his own. True that karma hits like a boomerang.

Nandini walked out of the doctor's cabin with multiple thoughts and her eyes fell on the elder woman, probably Mrs.Swarna Agarwal that the doctor mentioned.

The lady's file fell down and Nandini quickly bent and handed it to her with a slight smile and she reciprocated the same. Nandini walked away while Swarna looked at her retreating figure with an admiration thinking 'My baby would have been the same age'.

The creator of this destiny smiled at the once again parting mother and daughter for their fate that he has written.

They knew each other's existence yet didn't know each other. Destiny.

Ignore mistakes...

So this is it...They may cross their paths again in future but will never know about their relation... Only the creator, me and now you guys know about it...

And now...What do you think Manik do if he knows the truth and Nandini lies...!?