63. In-Laws

"I'll freshen up and come..." Nandini said after laying in his arms for some time.

Manik waited till she opened her cupboard and gasped in surprise seeing a gift wrapped rectangular box written 'To the precious gift of my life'.

She took it out and looked at Manik who smiled getting up from bed and walked towards her saying "You have gifted me every non-materialistic thing that you can...Love, Affection, Feelings, Emotions, Parents, Food and everything...And I'm left with nothing to gift you...So wanted to gift you my favorites..."

He signaled her to open it and she opened it with a smile to see a beautiful orange and pink saree that she saved in her online shopping cart.

"Happy Birthday My Love..." He said hugging her from behind as she kept the saree on her shoulder, tracing her fingers on it and looked at the mirror.

"Thank you so much..." She said and he kissed on her cheek and made her sit on the chair in front of mirror. He opened the drawer and took out a rectangular box of jewelry and opened it to show the simple chain with diamond pendant and matching earrings.

 He opened the drawer and took out a rectangular box of jewelry and opened it to show the simple chain with diamond pendant and matching earrings

"For my twinkling little star...to shine like a diamond in the sky..." He said and she smiled looking at him.

Only he has the ability to change even a nursery rhyme into lovely quote.

He took out the chain and raised his eyebrows looking at her reflection while she blushed and collected her hair to one side of her shoulder giving him access to adore her with his selection.

Once he was done hooking the chain and earrings, he continued "Though I was the one who selected all these, I couldn't personally go and buy since I was spending my time with you... and Cabir helped me to get them here...But this one was from my personal collection that I have got long back and was waiting to give you..."

He took out another box and opened it to be a simple gold and white gold combined bracelet with musical note.

"My musical heart..." He said while hooking the bracelet and she looked at him with happy tears.

She knew music is his first love and he gifting his musical heart is beyond special.