64. Promotions

"Nandini...Go and check if he needs something..." Anjali said while placing the dishes on the table and Nandini nodded her head and went upstairs.

As soon as Manik saw Nandini, he exclaimed "Heyy...How Maa came to know...??"

She gave a sheepish smile and replied "Wo...My hands were busy...So she kept your call on speaker..."

His eyes widened and she quickly said "I have turned off on time...But still...Maa understood I guess..."

He rolled his eyes and went to have a shower while Nandini came downstairs as Manik has already taken the necessary things with him.

Once Manik joined, they had their dinner and he enjoyed his mother's food thoroughly.

"Aarav...We are thinking to leave tomorrow..." His mother said and Manik immediately whined "Kyun Maa...?? You just stayed for a day...Stay back for few days na..."

"Beta...we have started all of a sudden and didn't plan...There are things to be taken care of at home...And you know your papa na...He can't leave his plants for longer time..." His mother tried to explain but Manik still made a face making her smile and ruffled his hairs and continued "We will plan better and come to stay for few days...or else...you guys plan for a holiday and come there...Even you both need a break from your schedules na...Okay...??"

She asked looking at both of them and they nodded with a slight smile. Manik quickly made some calls to the director and channels for interviews to be delayed the next day and he will join in the afternoon.

The next day, Anjali and Raj started after having breakfast and Nandini went to office having taken permission for being late.

Manik went for the promotional interviews of his second movie and the social media feed was filled with his pictures along with his co-star Inaya.

The anchor invited them with a wide smile and gave the introduction about the upcoming movie and asked questions about the movie, his experience and every other thing.

"So Manik sir and Inaya Mam...We have a segment called rapid fire...You guys might be knowing about it already...So shall we start...?" The anchor asked taking the cards of questions.

"Sure..." They said and Manik adjusted himself on the couch.

He started with Inaya and she answered quickly. The anchor clapped and turned his eyes to Manik and asked "Shall we start...?"

Manik nodded with a smile and the anchor asked "5 qualities that you like in Inaya Mam..."

"Hey...We don't know about each other that much..." Manik said with a smile.

"Sir...you have worked in an entire movie...!" The anchor asked but Manik nodded in a no and said "Like I said, it's a mystery thriller and we really don't have much scenes together...We had a complete different schedule..."

"At least One positive and negative about Inaya Mam" The anchor tried again.

"Umm...Positive...She is very focused and dedicated...Negative...She takes much time for makeup..."

She giggled with his answer and the anchor moved to next question "Which part of shooting you liked the most..."

"We have shot a sequence in Italy and Milan...Being fond of travelling, I enjoyed shooting there..."

The team instructed the anchor through the earpiece and he gulped before dropping the question "Talking about the outdoor shoot and you were not available to ask these questions at that time, the nation wants to know about the pictures of yours at the Paris airport...Would you like to say something...??"