31. Trust

Entire social media went on fire but the one who has initiated the spark was sleeping peacefully under the comforter snuggling into the love of his life.

He woke up hours later to find himself on an empty bed. He sat straight stretching out his arms and looked at the side table where her mobile was there.

'Might be in the restroom' He thought and checked his notifications and his fans' tweets about his Instagram story and many made him laugh.

While most of the tweets concluded that it was a part of his shooting, he thought 'How would they know how romantic I can be in real life...!'

He chuckled to the thought and looked around the room and found her luggage missing. He frowned and looked at the restroom door hoping it would open soon.

'Was she silent last night because she wanted to leave...!? Did I misunderstand her silence as yes...!?' A random negative thought passed through his mind but that was enough to suffocate him.

'Think positive Manik...Think positive...' He told to himself and got down from the bed. He knocked on the restroom door and as there was no response, he opened the door to find it empty.

He rubbed his forehead and tried his best to not to give in to his negative thoughts. He dialed the reception and asked "Hey...Did the girl Nandini from my room has come there...?? I mean can you please check if she is nearby...Yeah please...Thank you..."

'Where is she...??' The only question that haunted his mind like never before.

He gulped down the lump and walked to and fro in the room for some time.

'Cabir' His mind clicked and he wore a T-shirt before he rushed to his room. He pressed the calling bell and the door opened bringing his breath back.

She stood in the same night wear that she was wearing last night with a messy bun.

"What happened...?? Why are you sweating...?" She asked rubbing his forehead with her hand and he pulled her into arms startling her with the sudden hug.

"Manik" Cabir called out and said "Come in...What are you doing there...??"

Nandini pulled him inside and he slumped down on the couch holding his head while the both looked clueless.

"Suniye...Aap thik hai na...?? Shall I get you something...?? Lemon tea...??" She asked touching his shoulder and he pushed it off in reflex making her gasp in shock.

He realized Cabir's presence and he didn't want to create a scene in front of a third person, be it be his best friend.

He gulped down all the anger for a while and asked "When did you come here...??"

"oh that...I woke up so early and Cabir bhai texted me if we were up...I called him to tell him but he sounded so low...that's why I came to check on him..." She explained sitting beside him.

"What happened Cabir...??" Manik asked looking at him and Cabir replied "Dad's blood pressure became low and he fainted in the morning...I was just tensed..."

"You want to fly back...?? I don't have any problem Cabir...I can manage..." Manik said but Cabir nodded in no saying "I have arranged people there...No issues as of now...Spoke with the doctor and he is actually fine...Just now I got the call...It's just a matter of few days and we will be back anyways..."

"Sure...??" Manik asked again and Cabir assured looking at Nandini indicating that he can't leave her alone and if Cabir leaves, she has to travel back alone.

"You guys go freshen up and we shall go for breakfast..." Cabir said tapping on Manik's shoulder and he nodded.

"Don't worry bhai...Everything will be fine..." She said and stepped out of the room.

Once the door was closed, Manik held her hand in his tight grip and pulled her with him to their room. She hissed to his grip but tried to match his steps.

He closed the room door with a thud making her flinch.

"Why did you leave without informing...?? Do you even know what I have gone through...?? Why do you think there's mobile...?? Can't you just take it with you when you leave the room...?? And where the hell is your bag...??" He shouted all the questions at once and she stood there in silence.

"Cupboard" She replied slowly.

"What...??" He snapped back.

"When I was taking the dress last night, it hit on my feet's little finger...So I kept it in the cupboard...I was worried about bhai and was not in a state of thinking and you were in deep sleep...Didn't think that you will wake up so easily" She said looking down.

He closed his eyes and arched his head backwards taking deep breaths. She looked at him with a pout and hugged him slowly bringing him back to the world, World of her love.

He wrapped his arms around her slowly while thinking 'The girl who gave herself to you...How could you even think that she will leave you...idiot...Why can't you think before you react...Of course you thought, but all negative thoughts...Why can't you trust her like she trusts you...!'

Unlike Nandini, he always dreamed of a love life with her and being an introvert from childhood added more to his invisible insecurities. Suddenly, life became so perfect after she came into his life, like a dream and he was in constant reality check if it was real.

But for Nandini, the case is different. She neither had dreams about a love life with him nor expectations from him. It was easy for her to trust him with all she has though he earned it in his ways.

He broke the hug and cupped her cheeks and put out his doubt "Why do you trust me so much...??"

She smiled a little and answered "Because that's the only thing that I can give you throughout my life..."

He smiled to the fullest and kissed on her forehead before engulfing her into a tight hug.

Ignore mistakes...

Read between the lines before scolding Manik...

Will be irregular for next 2 weeks...Travelling...