28. Destination

Manik was wearing a white shirt with a dark blue blazer over it, paired with faded jeans.

Her beautiful eyes turned glassy seeing him after many days and without second thought, she hugged him as tight as she can to which he reciprocated.

He broke the hug after a minute and cupped her face while she looked at him thoroughly enough to fill her mind and heart with his image.

"Now turn and look where you are..." He said and made her turn to see the lightening tower in the city of love, Eiffel tower in Paris. Her eyes sparkled as the tower twinkled with lights.

"Wow" She exclaimed slowly and turned to look at Manik who was on his knees making her gasp in shock.

He didn't utter a word till he took out a box and opened a pair of thin golden anklets with hanging stars.

"Like the stars, I want you to be my forever" Manik uttered showing her the anklets and continued "And if you agree, I would like to tie this star around your feet"

She gulped the lump that has formed in her throat and her eyes welled up. She knew what he was saying and what he was referring to when he uttered about the star.

"May I...??" He asked and all he got was a simple nod from the emotional ride she was in.

He smiled and removed her sandal from her foot and placed it on his knee and when she stumbled, he placed her hands on his shoulder and smiled seeing her before saying "Hold on to me...I'm there as a support..."

All the life that she lived, she wanted someone to say those exact words to her and she was speechless when she actually heard them, that too from Manik.

He carefully fixed the anklet one after other and stood on his feet once she wore her sandals.

"Shall we...??" He asked holding her hand.

She doesn't know for what he was asking the permission, neither she wants to know. She was ready to walk behind him for the rest of her life. She didn't question like every time but this time it was her state of mind that made her not to utter a word.

She just stared at him while he took her inside the Eiffel tower and they moved upstairs.

He cleared his throat and said "If you look around the view, that would help my cheeks to stop blushing..."

She giggled and looked out when the elevator doors opened and they got seated on the reserved table at the window side so that they can have city view. Unlike other times, they didn't need to move separately or he didn't need to cover himself. Advantages of being in a foreign land at that moment.

As it was pre-booked, the waiter has brought them the dishes that Manik has mentioned already.

"Godddd I'm starving" Manik said rubbing his palms together once the food arrived and dived into it making her smile at his antics.

He was a pro in tasting the dishes with correct toppings and she looked at her plate being confused on how to start. He smiled and forwarded the fork that he was holding and she ate it from him.

The next time, he added the required toppings and showed her how to eat and she followed his instructions. There wasn't a bit of embarrassment in her and not even a trace of judgmental looks from him.

Till the main course, all he spoke was about food and it's taste and she happily listened. The waiter then brought them a brownie sizzler making his eyes twinkle.

He moaned with the first bite making her blush and suppress her smile before she tasted hers. Just then, her eyes found an information that she failed to notice all this while and she frowned.

"Wait a minute" She said and took his right hand into hers. Being a lefty, he covered his right hand till then and was caught when he extended his right hand for tissues.

She moved his blazer away from his wrist and there appeared the information that caught her eyes, a tattoo. A small 1cm, highlighted bold 'N' in 'M' with italic font at the sideways of his right wrist, straight to his little finger.

 A small 1cm, highlighted bold 'N' in 'M' with italic font at the sideways of his right wrist, straight to his little finger

"Oh my god" She said touching the tattoo with her cold fingers making him close his eyes.

"That's a small one Nandu" He said and she looked at him with teary eyes and took his hand to place her lips on the tattoo.

"Now why are you crying...?? Please Nandu...I got you here to show you the beauty of the city...Please..." He said wiping her tears and she nodded.

She moved towards the window and looked from the glass as the city shone with golden lights.

"Nandu" He called out and she saw him beside her. He took out another box and opened it which is a ring of star shaped diamond.

He took her left hand and slid the ring on her finger while saying "This star is all yours..."

She looked at him with shining eyes as he said "I LOVE YOU"

She looked straight into his eyes, may be for the first time. He felt like she was trying to convey something through her eyes that words fail to convey.

He saw a different feel in her eyes that day, that moment, may be a self-question to her as if asking herself if she was waiting for him all these years.

All he could see was the immense love and trust that she has on him and that made him move forward to smooch her lips while she happily gave in as an answer to his proposal. And that's how they tasted each other's brownie.

Ignore mistakes...

Can I get 100 comments to post next chapter...and not 'Update soon' comments please...Your views can help me to write...