67

The water is gurgling, the huai tree is shaded with thick green, and the weeping willows are blowing gently with the wind.

The carriage drove over the long bridge across the river and stopped in front of the river beach. The waiter retreated. Zheng Biyu lifted the curtain of the car and looked around, indicating that Li Xuanzhen could get off the car.

Li Xuanzhen wrapped her head in a flat scarf and wore a half-new, long-sleeved cloth robe. She jumped out of the carriage and brought the horses with her own soldiers. There were quiver wrappers beside the saddle.

Zheng Biyu did not get out of the carriage, but sat in the carriage and said indifferently: "His Royal Highness, I can only send you here."

Li Xuanzhen looked back at her: "Yuniang, thank you."

Zheng Biyu smiled: "His Royal Highness does not have to thank me, I am just paying back the kindness of His Highness back then."

Li Xuanzhen thought of the man, startled.

The wind on the edge of the bridge was strong, and Zheng Biyu raised his hand to grab the wind-blown hair on the sideburns: "Da Lang, you didn't kill Zheng Wu back then, I am very grateful to you."

.........

Zheng Wu was the servant of the Zheng family, and later became Zheng Biyu's guard. When she married for the first time, Zheng Wu sent her out of the pavilion and watched her and her husband enter the green house.

Zheng Biyu has never looked at Zheng Wu more. She is a daughter of a family, with a noble birth and a great reputation. She is destined to marry a high family and become the mistress. How can she be self-conscious and pity the servants of the family?

Zheng Wu left the day after she got married.

He went on the battlefield, followed the Zheng family on the battlefield, starting with the youngest soldier, accumulating military exploits bit by bit.  He valiantly killed the enemy and quickly got promoted, but there were too many people like him in the troubled times. After all, he was just a servant of the Xie family, no matter how hard he tried, in the end he was just a small captain next to Master Zheng.

Zheng Biyu's first husband died in the hands of the Li family. A few days before the city was broken, Zheng Wu came to her.

"Girl...The Zhao family is not an opponent of the Li family...Wei Jun will be able to attack the city in a few days."

He was standing under the steps with a knife in his hand, covered in blood, his expression was cramped, and his bright black eyes were looking straight at Zheng Biyu.

Finally, he plucked up the courage to say that sentence: "Come with me, I will leave with the girl, and be nice to the girl for the rest of my life."

Zheng Biyu has been familiar with women's training since childhood, followed the rules, and has never done anything out of the ordinary.

That night, she didn't know where she got her determination. She carried the skirt corners and stepped down the stone steps step by step and walked to Zheng Wu.

Zheng Wu was in full bloom.

They didn't say a word, and looked at each other for a while.

Just when Zheng Wu wanted to say something, the sound of footsteps suddenly sounded. The people sent by the Zheng family rushed into the Zhao Mansion, found them, and knelt at Zheng Biyu's feet: "Girl, our family’s distant branch is now in Weijun University.  Under the general’s account, he was quite trusted. Lang Jun sent his servants to tell the girl that the Wei army was as powerful as the Zhao family was exhausted. Please don’t panic the girl. General Wei Jun Li has already given instructions that Wei Jun will not offend the girl."