99

The night is deep, and the front porch of the grotto is dark, and occasionally one or two caves show a dim light, and against the backdrop of the halo, the murals on the porch appear sharp and angular.

Suddenly, a series of rapid footsteps broke the silence.

Wang Ting Zhongjun's guard, Prajna, hurriedly climbed up the highest level of the grotto, and a dark shadow flashed in the sloping ground. The dark guard in the corner flew forward quickly, with a cold long knife in his throat.

"The king is in retreat, and there is no mercy for hard-breakers."

Prajna hurriedly handed out a bronze talisman, "I am a guardian Prajna, this bronze talisman was given by the king, and I have something to report to the king."

The dark guard took the copper talisman and looked at it for a while, took off the lantern and took a picture of his face, put away the long knife, and quickly disappeared into the darkness.

Prajna walked through the empty front porch and came to the innermost cave. He stopped, knocked on the stone wall gently, and whispered: "The guardian Prajna begs to see the Buddha."

There was no response for a long time.

Prajna did not dare to urge, and stood outside and waited.

During the Tamaragarh retreat, there was only one guard guarding the Dharma in the grotto, and the rest were not allowed to approach half a step. Even the monks who delivered food and water only put food baskets under the mountain wall to avoid disturbing the Buddha's retreat.  Prajna is the guard of Tamaragarh, and he also abides by this rule. If it weren't for the bad news of the regent, he would never come to disturb the Buddha.

After a while, the guard's voice came from inside: "The king already knows what you want to report."

Prajna looked anxious: "The news of the death of the regent has spread throughout the holy city, and the people in the city are panic. The princes and ministers will definitely take the opportunity to make trouble. Today the young novice monk found that there are many suspicious-looking slaves of the rich family hovering around the temple, as well as Kang, Xue,  Private soldiers of Ann and Mengji, will Wang leave tomorrow?"

There was footsteps inside, and the guard seemed to have gone to the Zen room to report. After a while, the footsteps turned back and the guard said: "The king will leave the pass tomorrow, and the order will be passed on. The monks in the temple will not be allowed to go out from tomorrow.  For example, if someone dared to forcefully break into the Wangsi Temple, they would be arrested directly."

Prajna was worried, so he responded and went to share the news with the monastery owner.

The death of Sudan in ancient times means that a new regent must be elected to act as the government.  This night, inside and outside the holy city, many people, from princes and nobles to civilian soldiers, will stay awake all night.

In the grotto, the guard sent away the Prajna and returned to the innermost Zen room.

This grotto is very large, and the walls of the cave leading to the square hall have been dug into several niches dedicated to the Buddhas, densely packed like honeycombs.

Tamara Gha, who has taken off her black clothes and black gloves, walked slowly along the cave wall, holding a gilt candlestick in her hand, her blue eyes drooping, her expression calm, and the candles lit up for the Buddha one by one.

On the felt blanket under the cave wall in the south of the Zen room, Yaoying sat cross-legged, her face still covered with black cloth, a soft warm yellow halo fell on her, her black hair shone with dazzling golden light.