CHAPTER FOUR

YOSHIKO AND YUNO stood together, holding hands as birds flew around pecking other people. She wanted to pet them but they were running away from her. So she held Yuno's hand to somehow cope with her depressed state.

"It's okay, Yoshiko, you'll be fine," Yuno reassured her. She gave him a nod and smile. He too, smiled slightly at her.

"Aw man, I'm getting nervous,"

"Why are these birds pecking us? So annoying!"

"They're the exams venues, anti-magic birds! The less mana you have, the more they peck you!"

"Hey look! Those two don't have any,"

"Those are... The ones are chosen by the four-leaf and Blizzard!"

"They look like a couple..."

"Hehehehe... One of us is going to be the Wizard King. Our legend starts here, Yoshiko, Yuno," Asta says to them. Of course, he doesn't look serious due to all the birds pecking and pulling him.

"I'll show you the results of my six months training with Yoshiko... Ow ow ow ow!!!" Asta started yelling and running around.

"What the heck is up with these birds!?" He asked trying to get rid of them. Yoshiko gave chase too, trying to help Asta and at least pet one of them.

Asta ended up bumping into a much older man with Yoshiko accidentally hitting Asta who once again bumped into the man. Yoshiko bowed with an apology. Asta rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sorry about that," He said.

The man much older than them (well to Yoshiko and not Asta), glared at them.

"Do you runts want to die?" He asked. But after looking at Yoshiko, he blinked a few times.

She looked so familiar. Her eyes, her face, most importantly, the way she smiled. All of them resembled that woman.

"Wow, you look really old for a kid! You must have it really rough on you!" Asta said trying to be friendly.

Silence.

The man grabbed Asta's head. "Looks like you're ready to die," He declared. "Gwaaaaaa!!! Yoshiko, please help me!!!" Asta yelled.

The man blinked again.

Yoshiko? Then it's no coincidence. Eh, if she comes here then I'll kill her too.

"Come over here brat and I'll kill you," The elder man threatened. But Yoshiko wasn't intimidated in the slightest. She walked up to him and huffed.

Let go of Asta! He still owes me tatoes!

"Ah, there you are Mister Yami! What are you doing down here? Sheesh," An older boy with brown hair asked.

"Huh? I'm about to wring his neck and then the girl's," Yami said casually.

"Uh, please don't do that. As a magic knight captain, you shouldn't be killing the examines," The boy says. "What are you doing down here anyway?"

"I went to take a dump and got lost," Yami explained.

Captain...? For some reason, I want to be in his squad... He seems familiar.

"Hey is that?"

"Finral Roulacase? The rare spatial magic user! Famous for hitting on women som much it's a hindrance to his duties!"

"Hey there," He said winking at Yoshiko who tilted his head cutely at his sudden action. The boy's eyes slightly widened as he looked at her familiar silver hair.