CHAPTER THRITY-TWO

YOSHIKO GOT UP with her winter magic activated. She used her magic on the children and Asta.

"What's this? I came because you called with the transmitter magic item but you haven't collected much magic have you?" Sally asked Baro.

"These guys are in our way! Get rid of them!" Baro shouted.

"The Eye of the Midnight Sun! The terrorist who attacked the capital?!" Theresa asked. "So they were involved in this! She blocked Gauche's magic so easily!"

"Mister Gauche, granny, be careful! I heard she blocked the Silver Eagle's captain's attack too!" Asta warned them.

Sally laughed and rushed towards them.

[Mirror Magic: Reflect Ray]

Gauche tried to hit Sally but she just changed their direction so it wouldn't hurt her.

"That's some fine magic but it gets refracted inside Mister Salamander, so there's no point. If it were more wonderful magic, things could be different..."

[Winter Creation Magic: Niflheim's Vines]

Vines wrapped around the salamander. Unlike Gauche's magic, Sally couldn't reflect it.

"Wow, Yoshiko! That's some amazing magic! Is it the same from the legends?" Sally asked. "You know, the one with the two twins who managed to seal the demon king back to the Underworld?"

Yoshiko didn't reply. Well, it's not like she could but I mean you guys get the point.

"Wow~ you really don't like talking do you?"

"She's mute! She can't talk!" Asta shouted.

Sally looked at her intensely.

"Then... how she alive?" Sally asked.

"What?"

"Look at the mark on her neck. It's a scar. She must have had something go through her neck if she became mute,"

Asta looked over at Yoshiko. Her eyes were on the ground, glaring at the poor floor. He finally noticed the scar. That scar was big enough for a knife to go through it.

"Say, Yoshiko. Why don't you tell me how you became mute? That way I can study how you survived," Sally said. She jumped onto Yoshiko pinning the upset girl to the floor.

Yoshiko could feel her neck burning up. How she hated when someone asked how she lost her voice. It made her body tremble. How she had to suffer afterwards. Not being able to speak, people constantly making fun of her and others pitying her. Not only that, she had developed narcolepsy meaning that she had to sleep randomly which was dangerous.

[Flame Magic: Brilliant Cross Flame]

In an instance, the gel melted and Sally had to jump back to avoid another attack.

"That's enough of that! I won't let you torment this girl any further!" Theresa said. "This is something she isn't prepared to share with the likes of you!"

Yoshiko hummed in thanks while her fingers ran over her scar.

"Wow granny, you're really though!" Asta said.

"I may be old but I was once a Magic Knight! Theresa, the Crimson Lion's she-lion!" Theresa shouted.

"Huh?!" Asta asked while Yoshiko wore a blank face. "Former Magic Knight?! Crimson... hey do you know captain Fuegoleon and Miss Mizuki?!"