CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

YOSHIKO'S MOUTH widened when she saw the large forest. Ryuko groaned when he saw it. She looked at him like he was crazy.

"That's the Witches' Forest!" Noelle shouted.

"The witches forest?!" Asta asked. "Uh, why?"

"We'll need to be very careful from here on out!" Daminante said. "The queen runs her overwhelming magic throughout the forest, so if we give off even a little magic, they'll spot us right away,"

"If they find us... what happens?" Noelle asked.

"Um... why are we here anyway?" Asta asked.

"Why here?" Ryuko asked deadpanning.

"We'll be riddle with holes," Daminante said with everyone but Asta and Yoshiko deadpanning.

Yoshiko looked at Ryuko who clutched the broom tightly. He didn't seem nervous after what Daminante said but upon spotting the Witches' Forest.

"And so..." Daminante said taking out three cloaks. "Let's wear these cloaks! These special you-be-gone cloaks hide your magic, your presence and even- very slightly- your physical body!"

"That's kinda like..." Ryuko thought looking at them.

"Hm?" Yoshiko said looking at him.

"Nothing," Ryuko smirked, ruffling her head.

"And guess what?! They're just 30,000 yuls!" Daminante said but laughed nervously upon seeing Noelle's and Rin's expressions. "Well... this is an emergency what would you say to the rock bottom price of 10,000 yuls?"

"Maybe I'll ask Hitoshi-niisan if he's interested," Ryuko muttered.

"Kidding, kidding. They're free, no charge!" Daminante said. "I found a back way over there! We'll use that!"

"Liar! Your eyes looked awfully hopeful just now! Especially when Ryu-nii said that he'll talk to his cousin!" Noelle shouted.

"Wait..." Finral said upon hearing Noelle speak.

"RYU-NII?!" Asta, Finral, Daminante and Franzell shouted.

Noelle, realising her mistake, coughed a bit with a blush.

"Noelle and I have known each other since she was born," Ryuko said. "So, she calls me that cute name,"

"It's not cute!" Noelle said to Ryuko who smiled fondly. "Stop smiling like that!"

"Can't. You're just the cutest when you're flustered," Ryuko said.

"Yoshiko. Smack him," Noelle ordered Yoshiko who smacked Ryuko's shoulder. Ryuko let her still smiling.

"So, why are we here?" Asta asked.

"Be quiet, Asta," Noelle ordered.

"Say what?!"

"Can Yoshiko and I not go in here?" Ryuko asked.

"Is something wrong, Captain Ryuko?" Asta asked.

"Just call me Ryu-nii like Noelle does," Ryuko said causing Noelle to grow flustered. "Anyway, the Witches's Forest is something my mother never wanted me or Yoshiko to come near,"