CHAPTER EIGHTY

THE CITIZENS OF the Clover Kingdom cheered in the Magic Knights. Yoshiko was getting dizzy from all this so she leaned herself into Yuno. Yuno wrapped one arm around her and just stared over at the people.

'Y-Y-Yuno's holding her so gently! And he's not even saying anything about it!' Bell thought. 'I want to say something but that little girl's just so adorable!'

"Are you tired?" Yuno asked Yoshiko with a small smile.

"Yes," Yoshiko replied.

Yuno patted her head. Then, he smirked at Asta who looked frustrated by Yoshiko's affection towards him.

"Now that all ranks have been announced, here's the moment you've all been waiting for..." Julius started. "His Highness, the King of the Clover Kingdom and the head of the Dragon Tribe shall honour us with their presence!"

"The king?!" Asta shouted before turning to Yuno and Yoshiko. "What kind of person is this country's king anyway? Do you know, Yuno, Yoshiko?"

"No idea," Yuno replied.

"Dunno," Yoshiko answered, snuggling into Yuno's hold.

"Yoshiko's cousin is the head, right?" Yuno asked.

"Yeah, but how do you know?" Asta asked.

"Because the Shadow Wizard King's older sister was the previous head and her son became the current head," Yuno said. "If you had a brain, you'd figure that out in less than a minute,"

"HEY! I have a brain!" Asta shouted.

"Asta... be... quiet," Yoshiko scolded whilst glaring lightly at him.

"Now look at that! You've pitted Yoshiko against me!" Asta whisper-yelled.

A gaudy-looking man came into the fray next to Julius and Hiruko. Hiruko looked disgusted as he backed away from the man.

"..." Asta, Yuno and Yoshiko all looked at him speechlessly. Asta had his mouth hung open and Yoshiko and Yuno had dotted eyes.

Hitoshi entered soon after making the other man seem less gaudy. He noticed Yoshiko and smiled at her. Yoshiko waved at him.

"Do not stand next to the king," the king told Julius.

"Ah, yes," Julius said, moving over to Hiruko who leaned on the side, smoking.

"Er. Ahem. Citizens of the Clover Kingdom, I salute you. I am the king of the Clover Kingdom, Augustus Kira Clover the XIII," the king said.

Thirteen?

"There have been twelve Augustus' as kings in the past. He his now the thirteenth,"

Why can't you just name him something else?

"Beats me,"

There was a faint clap. People seemed uninterested in him and just wanted Julius and Hiruko back.

"Long live the king...uh..." someone said.

'This is getting interesting,' Hitoshi thought under his emotionless façade.

"..." the king was quiet. Then all of a sudden, "ALL HAIL THE KING EVEN MORE!!"

Asta and Yoshiko gasped while Yuno looked at him with disgust. Hitoshi covered his ears and Hiruko's groaned.

"I AM THE KING! THE KING STANDS BEFORE YOU! THE KING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THIS COUNTRY!"

He let out his mana. For some reason Yoshiko and Hiruko both flinched. Yuno and Asta noticed that from Yoshiko looked at each other before turning to her.