EXTRA EIGHT

ASGORATH OPENED THE door and Rin nearly freaked out.

"Asgorath! You can't open the door like that! What if there's a trap?!" She demanded.

"Any traps in this volcano are probably the works of Apophis," Asgorath said.

"Apophis?"

"My friend. The one I trained with a long time ago,"

"How long are we talking about?"

"Around two thousand years ago,"

"T-Two thousand years?! That's even before the Dragon Tribe was established!"

"Yes. That was when I was a hatchling. I would be around 20 in humans years,"

"So young...how old are you now?"

"That isn't any of your business,"

Asgorath entered the room. Rin followed him and looked around.

It was tattered. The room was made entirely out of dirt. There was a carpet in the centre of it with a table and two chairs.

"How long did you live here for?"

"Around ten years,"

"With your friend?"

"Yes,"

Asgorath touched the table and ran his hand against it. He smiled upon recalling his friend.

"Apophis..."

Mr. Asgorath?

"You're awake," Asgorath said.

Mh. Just now. Where are we?

"At my old home. I used to live here a long time ago,"

How long?

"Very long, hatchling,"

Hehehe. You called me hatchling.

"It suits you,"

Thank you.

"Who was Apophis?" Rin asked.

"He was my first friend and my brother-in-law," Asgorath said.

"You're brother-in-law?"

You're married?

Asgorath nodded, "He and I knew each other since we were in our eggs. We grew up together here after my mother sent us to this place,"

"Your mother?"

"Before the tribe was established, there used to be a hierarchy. The highest ranking dragons were considered the king and queen. After, there were high, middle and low ranking dragons. We all used to live in peace for several millennia,"

"Were you a king?"

"Yes. I was the heir of the king's position and Ione was the queen's heiress, the king and queen were our parents, after all," Asgorath said. "My older sister didn't want the throne, she just wanted to start a family and live a humble life,"

"I thought you were the oldest!"

"I'm not. I had twelve siblings, ten brothers, two sisters. I was the second oldest, Saphira was the first. Then it was Arman, Nidhogg, Fafnir, Tatsuya, Pythios, Reirsyphys, Onnalth, Shyrlonay, Sobek, Falkor and Ione,"

Eh?! That's more than my cousins!

"I didn't know you had so many siblings,"

"Most died 700 years ago. Ione and I the only one of us thirteen siblings who are alive to this day,"